• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MySql?

308holes

Ok i have been out of the game a while and starting to get back into things i signed up with a Windows host and am trying to make a MySql DB i have made the data base. but have no clue on how to creat the contect because last host had phpMyAdmin and some other tools that made it easy to creat it.and im Lost i dont know how to connect to the database to add the tables any one help me out !! i am using a winXP
this is the info that was given to me fron the server
Code:
You have access to one mySQL database that you can use.

Database Name: dscwolonline
Username: dscwolonline

Please note that when connecting to the database from a script on your website you must use the internal server IP on our network which is 192.168.16.152
If you are connecting externally using MySQL connection software the IP is 208.172.157.114

some cases:
- you create a php script to be uploaded to your host
PHP:
  $dbhost = '192.168.16.152'; //private ip for the db host
  $dbuser = 'dscwolonline';
  $dbpass = ''; //contact your host
  $dbname = 'dscwolonline';

mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass) or die(_put_your_error_handler_here_);
  mysql_select_db($dbname) or die(_put_your_error_handler_here_);
if you're accessing it from console (windows/*nix)
windows:
Code:
   c:\>mysql -h 208.172.157.114 -u dscwolonline -p
*nix
Code:
   shell>>mysql -h 208.172.157.114 -u dscwolonline -p
check php manual and mysql manual for more info.

regards,

You should be able to connect to the command prompt remotly through your host. If you can't you're with the wrong host.

Back