• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mySQL error- spaceports

HELP!
i am trying to install vBulletin and
i get this eror on spaceports

Attempting to connect...

Warning: Access denied for user: 'alex88@cgi-bin.spaceports.com' (Using password: YES) in /home2/alex88/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 31

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/alex88/public_html/admin/db

whats that mean

config.php

make sure you use 'localhost' as the server.

btw.. did you know that you can't link to a cgi-bin.spaceports.com page without the referer being a spaceport page?

i just found that out today when i tried it..

so i made a redirecting page go to it..

http://forum.excelsquad.com/

also.. if you don't have any hits (they track with the banners) you're account gets deleted..

yes i know that..
but i now get this-
Attempting to connect...

Warning: Access denied for user: 'alex88@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home2/alex88/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 31

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home2/alex88/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 37

does anybody know of FREE php3 and mySQL web host?
i dont care about space or bandwith..

i've tried most of the php and mysql hosts by now..

the only one i've actually got things working on is spaceports.com.. the thing is that when you get a 404 on their server it's really annoying. they open two windows that change to your resolution (takes up full screen) and a popup.

here are some that i know have php and mysql

surecity.com - worked great for the short period it was up..
saxen.net - french, but right now it runs perfect w/o ads
freesurf.fr - i don't get how to setup an account.. they snail mail you a contract from paris and its completely in french
port5.com - when i try creating an account here it doesn't email me the information i need..

anyways.. did you email mysql@spaceports.com to make the mysql account? you have to email them your username and password to cgi-bin.spaceports.com and they will reply when your mysql database is up..

also make sure the username/password is correct.. the error only tells me that it wasn't correct..

Originally posted by Jerry

saxen.net - french, but right now it runs perfect w/o ads

I just looked at there web site and they have a english part also, and I am not sure but I don't think the other language is french.

The other language is german :)

I'm blessed with beeing belgian meaning I understand 4 languages :)

yes.. they do have english.. i just remembered.. thats how i signed up! :)

however.. the email comes to you in german..

Back