• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mySQL 3.22 or better and PHP 4.0.3 or better, need space for Iboard

jojjeboy

anyone that could help me??
im trying to set up an Invision Board,
i need a server that supports:
PHP 4.0.3 or better (4.1+ recommended) and mySQL 3.22 or better (3.23.33+ recommended)

i have tried tripod but i couldnt use it,,
anyone that knows about someother place??

Thanx in advance,,,

Um I don't think dk3 has PHP or MySQL, however I could be wrong. Host.sk doesn't have the mail() function (IBoard uses this).

Originally posted by rob.
Observe that I don't know which PHP- and MySQL-version they have.
\\

project-linux.org has php 4.0.6, mysql 3.23, and some version of postergsql (did i spell that right) but its not up do to tech diffuculties, hopefully it should be up bfore friday

Originally posted by jynt
Um I don't think dk3 has PHP or MySQL, however I could be wrong. Host.sk doesn't have the mail() function (IBoard uses this).

Hi DK3.com offers BOTH mySQL and PHP on it's free hosting service.

Originally posted by Vash
Hey dk3, why is it I cant get free web space on my account anymore?

Please try again... DK3.com is open for new registrations however we do not allow download sites...

Have you tried today ?

I had an account at your service. I didn't like your portal service so I made my own use the web space. But anyway, I just remember you dont do download sites and thats what I had (sorta). But what if its a few avi's and they are on a diffrent server.

Hi,

I had an account at your service. I didn't like your portal service so I made my own use the web space. But anyway, I just remember you dont do download sites and thats what I had (sorta). But what if its a few avi's and they are on a diffrent server.

As long as the content are legal and you only link the files your can download you are welcome to use our servers.

The only bad thing about dk3 is that they do not allow FORUMS hosted on their servers, so dk3.com will not work for Invision Board :(

Really? I was hoping on putting a board on my website. Unless they givey you one already. And if they do, I hope its a good one.

Really? I was hoping on putting a board on my website. Unless they givey you one already. And if they do, I hope its a good one.

They have a free board service at their site. I don't like it but it could work for some people. It is a modified phpBB i think, although it is modified so much you can't tell it.

Originally posted by cylex

Did, Dk3.com allow user to install their own IkonBroad?

I doubt it. Says they do not allow forums hosted on their servers and they don't offer cgi, which ikonboards use.

Hi,

Originally posted by Matt8

I doubt it. Says they do not allow forums hosted on their servers and they don't offer cgi, which ikonboards use.

DK3.com offers CGI/Perl... But you are right that we do not allow forums on our free hosting service.

sry for the comment but

coolfreepages - ftp down
webavenue - paid ftp
spaceports - framebanner :mad:
project linux - closed signups for now (prblems)
xug.net - cant get account :eek:
xoasis - cant login ftp :confused:
dk3 - cant find signup page
(http://www4.dk3.com/dk3hosting.html)

:devious2:
i like to sign up at dk3, but cant find Free hosting sign up page, where? and it probably has a banner ad :(

Originally posted by Shebion Liandri
sry for the comment but

coolfreepages - ftp down
webavenue - paid ftp
spaceports - framebanner :mad:
project linux - closed signups for now (prblems)
xug.net - cant get account :eek:
xoasis - cant login ftp :confused:
dk3 - cant find signup page
(http://www4.dk3.com/dk3hosting.html)

:devious2:
i like to sign up at dk3, but cant find Free hosting sign up page, where? and it probably has a banner ad :(

DK3.com gives ONLY 15 MEGS.
BIG AD at bottom of EVERY page.
MySQL NEVER seems to CONNECT.
FTP access mostly not accessible.
Speed = VERY SLOW....

Use an ikonboard. They are like practically the same as Invision board if not THE same and only require cgi.
Here are some cgi hosts:

www.netfirms.com -Nice for an ikon but only allow 1gb/month transfer, 30mb space, banner ads, ftp

www.4gigs.com -Text link ads with 15mb space. ftp and "unlimited" bandwidth

www.free.prohosting.com -Banner ads, don't think they allow forums, 50mb space, "unmetered" bandwidth, no sendmail

www.php50.com pop ups ags, NO FTP you must request CHMODS, php, cgi, ssi

Choices are limited when it comes to cgi space.

Back