• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Myacen Raises Prices

For the people who don't want to register to read one thread, do you think they'd mind if someone just posted the summary or perhaps a repost of the thread? :confused:

Ah, my bad. Well, I don't think Robert would mind, since he's an active part of this community. Here's the text from the forum message.

============================================
Hello,

I have had a remarkable time and some great relationships over the past 1 1/2 years with our customers. Over the past 6 months Myacen has grown to a large global business. To improve support times, and continue to provide the support, speed and after sales service we will need to increase our prices. Whilst my main intention was to have Myacen cater for business needs "esolutions for ebusiness" the focus was switched to main home users. However, business's have not come aboard, we are only now seeing the penetration of business's onto our service.

To remain a full functioning, profitiable business we are increasing pricing and switching our focus back into business's. However this does not mean you will be effected. We have built a solid reputation, and this is to all credit you guys. I thankyou all for your assitance in spreading the good word about Myacen.

Business's have been requesting for ecommerce packages and we are brining out new features to support these business's. I would like to thank the current clients for putting Myacen where it is today, and finally the staff here for their excellent work over the past few months.

Furthermore our operations in Australia will be expanding. I will be ordering several servers for Australia and have them colocated in Perth. Prices will be a breakthrough for the Australian market, and our new office in Perth will be launched. Furthermore a 1300 number will be commissioned shortly after. The plans will coinside with our relaunch of site on the 10th August.

Thanks for your help & Support
Robert ******** [I edited out Robert's surname]

Hello,

I am just posting to say that all current personal users prices will NOT be raised.

Myacen.com is now going to be aiming towards business clients and providing business services.

All personal users will be moved to a new brand of myacen network ( yet to be announced ).

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me :

Edited < Removed Contact Details

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:
That's good to hear, Carl. How about reseller accounts? I have one that I barely use, strictly for my personal sites. I'd hate to be classified as a 'business' since I probably consume all of 100 megs of space and 50 megs of bandwidth a month, even if I do have a handsomely sized reseller account.

Hello,

We haven't spoken about the reseller accounts.

We will have to have a talk about them a see what we come up with.

As far as i know the reseller accounts will not be affected by this.

I believe that we may also create another brand for the reseller accounts, but don't quote me on this .... we may not even offer reseller accounts even more ( new accounts )

Lets see what we come up with.

Thanks,
Carl

Last edited:
Originally posted by alexnguyen
That's good to hear, Carl. How about reseller accounts? I have one that I barely use, strictly for my personal sites. I'd hate to be classified as a 'business' since I probably consume all of 100 megs of space and 50 megs of bandwidth a month, even if I do have a handsomely sized reseller account.

Actually, we are going to shake up the reseller market. More details will be posted soon. (no price rises are in the works)

Originally posted by MN-Carl
All personal users will be moved to a new brand of myacen network ( yet to be announced ).
What exactly does this mean? Are the servers still going to be located in the US?

Curtis, i think he mentioned that he will be setting up his own datacenter in Australia - but than again he cant offer the same prices if hes going to move your accounts to the australian datacfenter because prices in au is $0.05c per mb :)

Originally posted by invisionz
Curtis, i think he mentioned that he will be setting up his own datacenter in Australia - but than again he cant offer the same prices if hes going to move your accounts to the australian datacfenter because prices in au is $0.05c per mb :)

Hello,

Yes myacen will be colocating some servers in perth, but this will not be where shared hosting clients will be.

Thanks,
Carl

Thanks for the replies guys.

To clarify... I'm not currently a client of Myacen but may be very shortly. :D I would be on a shared hosting plan and being from the US, would prefer that the servers are located here also. That's why I asked.

it's good that current cusomter will not have to be charge extra. good thing for the price freeze feature, that's why myacen is one of the very best.

and when i first signed up for shared hosting, i was on the yehaww server, then had to move to sydney.mycen.com server, will i have to move and change DNS again??

I wonder how much of a price increase one can expect. I'm currently assessing between a few hosts for a site, myacen being one of them.

Well if hes going to host the shared clients in Australia, you should expect a very big price increase.

But hes not which is a good idea, i thought he said he would keep the prices the same?

Hello,

Shared clients will not be hosted in australia.

We are setting up a brand new brand for personal users, and rebranding myacen.com to business users.

Thanks,
Carl

Back