• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Tablet PC!

trenzterra

NLC
I'll be getting it at the end of December, it's a school offer so it's selling for half price, with Office 2003 Professional included. So that totals to about SG$2772 (divide by 1.65 to get USD) with tax. I added some config (they didn't include a CD(-RW) drive and security stuff, so it went up to $3100. Retail price is around SG$4300, so its a steal of a deal. And I need it for school...

Specifications:

Fujitsu Lifebook T4010
1.6GHz Pentium M Dothan
2MB L2 cache
64MB Intel Extreme Graphics 2 <-- One of the few things I don't like about it
2 USB ports (port replicator brings it up to 4, plus my cardbus will bring it up to 6)
24x10x24 CD-RW/8x DVD combo drive
40GB HDD
512MB DDR333 SDRAM
12.1" screen @ 1024x768 native <-- The other thing I don't like about this
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (Lonestar)
5 hour battery life (9 hour with extra battery pack)
IEEE 802.11b/g

It's a Centrino, so there is wireless.

I'll buy an external floppy drive as well, it can boot from USB, so it means that I can use the drive for booting up as well...

The only thing I will hate is the lack of legacy ports. My mouse will occupy one of the USB ports, which means without the port replicator (I have to buy it outside), I only have 1 USB port free. And it's either the camera, the external CD-RW drive, the printer, the webcam or the thumbdrive.

What do you think of this system?

Tablets are cool. Buy a USB Hub to help with the lack of USB ports available. Why dont you like the 64mb video card?

Why do you need a tablet PC for school? You're in the equivalent of a middle school in the US, maybe freshman in high school...
Otherwise, a deal on a computer is a deal on a computer, specs don't matter. :biggrin2:

Robert said:
Tablets are cool. Buy a USB Hub to help with the lack of USB ports available. Why dont you like the 64mb video card?
Because it's technically not even a graphics card?

notnamed: they want us to replace our paper & pen.

trenzterra said:
Because it's technically not even a graphics card?

notnamed: they want us to replace our paper & pen.
Then don't buy the tablet and buy a regular laptop.

Robert said:
Then don't buy the tablet and buy a regular laptop.
Yeah, I mean, imagine playing CS with a stylus...

Why would you need extensive graphics support for a tablet?

LeX said:
Yeah, I mean, imagine playing CS with a stylus...

Why would you need extensive graphics support for a tablet?
Well it can play Doom III at 6fps last I heard, and there's something called a mouse, LeX :)

LeX said:
How would you move yourself? There's no keyboard

Walk, the GPS will pick you up.

BTW Trenz: Ill be in your neck of the woods in 10 hrs

Last edited:
perhaps he is getting ready to go....

my flight to the philippines was only 8 hours, so its probably only 4-6hours from tassie to singapore, unless they slow down for a reason or something

Back