• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Nightmare Comes True! AndroidVPS Can Really Become A Reality!

CS Squad

cs-squad.net
NLC
AndroidVPS Can Really Become A Reality! My Nightmare Comes True!

After mtwscool had tried to use VPS "spunser" by deeplist to do the development with the idea as below:

Windows XP under XEN => Virtualbox in Windows XP => Linux in Virtualbox => Trying to vitualize Android in the Linux

I had spent some time on trying to do some test and see if AndroidVPS can comes true or not. And it ends up, s**t! It can really comes true!

But of course, not with the way mtwscool did it.

Actually it is very simple to succeed it. And you might not believe it.
And you will need a XEN server for this.

Download a Androidx86 iso. Then create a XEN container and install the Androidx86 using the iso via a VNC session. Of course, make sure you configured the container properly with static IP and etc.

Guess what? The Android is really running and installable in XEN.

I tried to go a step further by rooting the Android.
Then downloaded the Android market apk and install into the Androidx86.
After that, I downloaded some apk such as PAWS Webserver for Android and of course, Dropbear.

Guess what? It is working and I can't believe it!!!

Anyway, although it did work, but it will going to be a waste of time my providing such kind of VPS hosting, as you can do much more things if you are running a Debian VPS with even lower RAM consumption than a AndroidVPS.

And by the way, not everything works well in Androidx86. A lots of apps will be crashing a lot from time to time. So if you are really going to sell such kind of dangerous stuffs to your customer, then good luck to you! You are going to receive a lot tickets!

Last edited:
After mtwscool had tried to use VPS "spunser" by deeplist to do the development with the idea as below:

Windows XP under XEN => Virtualbox in Windows XP => Linux in Virtualbox => Trying to vitualize Android in the Linux

I had spent some time on trying to do some test and see if AndroidVPS can comes true or not. And it ends up, s**t! It can really comes true!

Actually it is very simple to succeed it. And you might not believe it.
And you will need a XEN server for this.

Download a Androidx86 iso. Then create a XEN container and install the Androidx86 using the iso via a VNC session. Of course, make sure you configured the container properly with static IP and etc.

Guess what? The Android is really running and installable in XEN.

I tried to go a step further by rooting the Android.
Then downloaded the Android market apk and install into the Androidx86.
After that, I downloaded some apk such as PAWS Webserver for Android and of course, Dropbear.

Anyway, although it did work, but it will going to be a waste of time my providing such kind of VPS hosting, as you can do much more things if you are running a Debian VPS with even lower RAM consumption than a AndroidVPS.

And by the way, not everything works well in Androidx86. A lots of apps will be crashing a lot from time to time. So if you are really going to sell such kind of dangerous stuffs to your customer, then good luck to you! You are going to receive a lot tickets!

While it may be possible to do (I cant comment either way as I havent the slightest clue on running a VPS and the like), it was proven that mtw could not handle it. I am sure Deeplist, yourself, Zombie, etc with years of experience could set that up and have it work high end. When you have ambitions far beyond your reach however, you will not be able to succeed.

That said, I am actually going to be working out for 1 year and trying out for the local semi pro football team :D

I know that it works, it is pretty cool. Thats why I am one of mtwscool's new sponsors. Let him figure this out, see if it can be improofed.

After mtwscool had tried to use VPS ... to do the development with the idea as below:

I meanwhile am talking to him about the nature of the dream, why precisely he wanted that setup. Sure, suddenly if it compacts into a vanilla VPS setup, then it's all much easier. One clue is that he likes complexity for its own sake, making more experimental setups. One of his other posts talked about porting MacOS onto a PC box (also doable, but again that complex flavor.)

So CS Squad, up to you if you want to join the small but growing crowd of taking the improbable road with the kid.

While it may be possible to do (I cant comment either way as I havent the slightest clue on running a VPS and the like), it was proven that mtw could not handle it. I am sure Deeplist, yourself, Zombie, etc with years of experience could set that up and have it work high end. When you have ambitions far beyond your reach however, you will not be able to succeed.

That said, I am actually going to be working out for 1 year and trying out for the local semi pro football team :D

Again this is a comment that is too literal - mtw is certainly more of a junior-staff kid behind someone with the experience to kick-start projects. JJW and I are talking to him about that too. When the dream is not yet correct, sometimes you can change the dream.

Again this is a comment that is too literal - mtw is certainly more of a junior-staff kid behind someone with the experience to kick-start projects. JJW and I are talking to him about that too. When the dream is not yet correct, sometimes you can change the dream.

If he can't handle that Linux VPS that we offered him, I can offer him a Windows VPS, I have talked it over with my partner and he agreed.

One of his other posts talked about porting MacOS onto a PC box (also doable, but again that complex flavor.)

Except that's not necessary. Mac OS X is actually Unix under the hood now, and as long as you use Bootcamp or Darwin to make a regular PC recognize the bootstrap it will run just fine out of the box. Most modern macs have PC-grade hardware in them anyway.

That's something i've been wondering too though, why he ran so many emulation layers. Just put the Android VMs right off of the host, even if it was a Linux VPS running QEMU it would still work far better than running it inside two nested Windows VMs.

mtw does indeed have the same problem I had years ago. Shoot for the stars all you like, you're never going to reach them if you don't learn how rocket engines work first. He needs someone to take him into the field and teach him hands-on how all this stuff works so that he can factor that into his ideas and how he plans on reaching them.

Except that's not necessary. Mac OS X is actually Unix under the hood now, and as long as you use Bootcamp or Darwin to make a regular PC recognize the bootstrap it will run just fine out of the box. Most modern macs have PC-grade hardware in them anyway.

That's something i've been wondering too though, why he ran so many emulation layers. Just put the Android VMs right off of the host, even if it was a Linux VPS running QEMU it would still work far better than running it inside two nested Windows VMs.

mtw does indeed have the same problem I had years ago. Shoot for the stars all you like, you're never going to reach them if you don't learn how rocket engines work first. He needs someone to take him into the field and teach him hands-on how all this stuff works so that he can factor that into his ideas and how he plans on reaching them.

That, and I'll add the "too-small-toolbox" problem to it. The number one thing is that despite the claims of flames, he's not "stupid" so I don't ever want to see that word used. (I'd prefer the more poetic "tortured soul".) If you think of the run-the-mill selection of 15 year olds, obviously he's too smart for bliss - but once that happens you get locked in mazes of twisty passages of the mind.

All this is why I have urged that we all slow down and hold off counting minutes because he told me he felt scared we were going to hate him more if he didn't produce instant miracles. So if we split the options, VPS on one side and Android on the other, we might get him back to a more stable setup.

Yes he may learn when starting out near the bottom, however the "dreams" he had he was unable to fulfill, even as he stated he knew what he was doing (which was clearly not the case). He was given the tools, there is no product, simple as that.

Now if someone wanted to set everything up properly then MAYBE he would be able to monitor it, who knows?

Regardless of what project he is given now, who is sponsoring him and whatnot, if he is going to be in contact with clients, he should be focusing more on proper grammar and spelling. Thats not a hit on him, but would be a bad reflection on the host he is "working" for.

He is starting his own hosting with that, at least thats his plan.
And yes, he should work at his spelling. Its even his first language.

he's not "stupid" so I don't ever want to see that word used. (I'd prefer the more poetic "tortured soul".)

You can call it whatever you like. He doesn't have the basic knowledge, yet is trying to run huge projects. Too many projects at once. No knowledge. That's the crux of his problem. You wouldn't expect to play in a major league baseball game without first learning the basics of the game.

He had a host, it went down.

That's exactly where he needs to start again. He needs a "spunsership" for a reseller account from a reliable company (not some fly-by-night P2H garbage company like he was with last time), and he can work on learning the fundamentals of running a host. He can work on the very basic fundamentals of learning server architecture, commands, etc., and have a control panel there (cPanel or DirectAdmin or such) to help him out in the process.

He can work on building a client base, providing support to his clients, troubleshooting and fixing their issues, etc. From there, maybe he can move into the VPS world. But jumping right into providing 16mb VPSs (who the hell wants that anyway??), with 3+ layers of virtualization, when he has absolutely NO CLUE how to administer a server, NO CLUE how to run a host, is only going to lead to trouble.

You start with the basics and you move up from there. You don't just jump right in with all these ridiculous ideas, when you have no idea what you're doing.

For me, I do not hate mtw.
I do impressed by his "Never Give Up" kind of spirit.
But I hope that he will be willing to listen to our advice and learn things step by step, like what we all had gone through before this.

Actually this thread, is not to insult mtw or what so ever.
It is to point out the mistakes that he made in planning on how to run the AndroidVPS.
And a simple concept about how he should plan for the AndroidVPS.

While some people insisted that AndroidVPS is not possible, I just wanted to prove that it is possible, but with a different way to implement it.
But of course, this is just an experiment only, thats why it will not be something stable and not suitable for sell to the public.
So I had make it clear to some of those VPS provider not to sell it yet, because the Androidx86 is not ready to be run as a full blown VPS... yet.

I do admit that I did posted something harsh on mtw's thread, that is because I am too pissed off with his excuses and stubbornness of not listening to people's advice.

I hope that he is going to read this and learn to accept advice from people who are more experienced than him, so that he can learn, step by step.
No one can reach to moon in just 1 step. It requires a lot of hard work and practice.
I hope he will learn to listen and start what he wanted to do from the basic, not straight doing something that he don't even understand about yet.

He wanted the result fast because you had told everyone that you are already halfway on your research.
This is why he want to see the result fast.
So here is one more thing for you to learn.
Which is "Be honest when to talk to the public, and tell the truth if you want to get someone to endorse your research."

Learn slowly, and you will be able to learn more.
If you are rushing to learn and telling people you are already experienced while you are not, you will missed a lot chance to learn.

It was deeplist who whnted resalts vary fast so I have to rush it

And how many times had he fixed your screwups? You admit you dont put some sort of security system on the servers, which can cause severe problems. You screwed up a Linux VPS, then screwed up a Windows VPS. You have absolutely NO idea on what you are doing, plain and simple. You come up with excuse after excuse and blame others for your ignorance. You refuse to take peoples constructive criticism, which then turns into hostility as you pretty much profess you know exactly what you are doing when clearly you do not.

Deeplist wanted to see progress, not spend his time babysitting you.

Seems like mtwiscool has left this forum for good.
I don't see him posting anything or appear in this forum for a few days already.

Back