• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My New Layout...

Adam Murphy

I was working on this layout for quite some time (2 hours), it is the layout for the relaunch of my site (sitefreebies.com). I actually made the graphics in Paint, but havent compressed them much yet, I just want a general opinion on it, I must say, I like the graphics at the bottom of the news, but thats my opinion, a good designer should always design for the visitors and not himself...

Preview addy: http://murderer.spunge.org/index.php

In case your wandering, I only use PHP includes but am going to add some more advanced PHP scripts soon...

Yes, way too black and white!

If you get some colors in there (blues ;)) it would like really cool, the design itself is nice. :)

Wicked, but splash a few bits of colour on the page lol.
How did you make all of those graphics just using MS Paint......? :eek:

Thanks for the feedback... Most of my previous layouts had black backgrounds... I was going to put a black background but decided against it, as white on black is sore on the eyes on a site with a lot of content, just tell me though, how can I get nice colors into it...?

To be perfectly honest, I don't like just white on black or visa-versa. I thin kyou should do away with the black.

Pick a nice shade of blue and work from there. The content part of the page should have a background of white. With the two side bars, I would make the background color a darker blue to make them stand out. With the headers of the side bars just make them a bit lighter then the background itself so they are easily noticed...

I don't know if that made sense, I'm in a bit of a rush. :)

Thanks, I might just do that... maybe a navy as background for headings and bordergraphics and white text on images and black text everywhere else...

The navy and white, while it looked nice in some places... just didnt look right :(. I have decided to put in a nice shade of blue as the background, with mainly white text and borders... By looking at the preview... how do you think it will look?? the background is that which is on the osbournes mini-game, a light blue...

btw, the preview is below;

http://murderer.spunge.org/index.php

actually the whole black and white thing doesn't look at bad except when you add the bolded banners

SMOOOOOOOOTHER!!!!
Make the text on the images more smooth with Corel Photo Paint or whatever image editor u use and then we can speak about the b&w design appearance.

I also think its too black and white. If you want it to be black and white, at least go for the "cow" feeling.

What happened there was that I am stretching the logo slightly...
I have changed to nvay and white again... it works better... I will upload another preview soon...

Back