• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Hosting Request

tigersfan

OK, I am looking for a new host for my domain csidevotion.net. I plan on hosting my websites on the hit shows "CSI", "CSI: Miami, and "CSI: New York". I need some good hosting because I need a really good host who can fit my specs, which are below.

Space: 1-3 GB (small to start, upgrade later)
Bandwidth: 5-10 GB
Unlimited subdomains, emails, ftp, etc...
CPanel/Fantastico

The space will contain a huge photo gallery and media archive with about 100 videos that I have created from the shows episodes, using my tv tuner card. I also have a scanner and will be adding scans daily to the photo gallery.

I can do ads because I do not have the time to post. I am not like some people on these forums who requests 10-20 GB space for no ads or posts. I used to be on a reseller and did p2h and I hated it because people didn't follow my guidelines.

You can either post offers in here or you can PM them to me.

Thanks!
Paul

What about the copyrights ?

Here in my country such material may not be published without permission of the real owner of that material.

Do you have permission ?

That's illegal, as Paul says ;)

Sure there are a lot of fan sites, which uses video clips they have no copyright for, and images they've taken from google or other search engines which is copyrighted.

But most of them have paid hosts, and take the risk to be sued.

OK, wow, I was told by a friend who runs a "24" site that it was alright. OK. I guess that I won't host videos from episodes, but I will have videos like episode previews and stuff like that.

As for the images, these images are screencaptures from episodes (which I have created) and I don't take pictures from google or other fansites. These are my pictures which I have created.

Thanks for pointing that out Blade and Paul!

As a fan of CSI I will host you. We just need to go over the details of your content in more detail privately. I want to ensure you are not liable for legal recourse and I would not be either. E-mail me at syncedhosting@gmail.com

Mike

FYI (ephekt & tigersfan) even trailers and screen caps are copyrighted and cannot be reproduced as they are still the property of the company that makes the series, sorry.

Exactly, Decker is right.

And the one hosting the files is always responsible as he/she is the one making the files available to everybody on the Internet.

Or the hoster wants to take the chance of getting a fine or even worse, having to close down your hosting...

Shame you posted this:

pstigerfan said:
I saw your host on FreeWebSpace and thought that I would give it a try...

- webmaster AT csidevotion DOT net
- csidevotion.net
- csidev
- 500 MB
- 2 GB

Frontpage Extentions: Yes (if possible)
#Ftp Accounts: 10
#Email Accounts: 10
#Email Lists: 10
#SQL Databases: 5-10
#Sub Domains: 10
#Parked Domains: 10
#Addon Domains: 5-10

Thanks!

In the VivoHost forums but didn't write anything about removing removing your Request because I was about to create your account, however I'll just remove the Request then.

Last edited:
Back