• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My host does not allow live chat/shoutcast..

gotlinks

This really sucks...I have a new forum, so no big deal...I ask my host which is very good by the way, can I put up live chat...Did not think it would be a problem on a forum with like 3,000 posts, and only 1-3 users floating
around, and they told me no...wtf? are you serious? They told me to dump the silly chat that I have, or I need to upgrade VPS with them....

I am not a very happy camper...

It might be time to look for another host in my opinion.

I think so too. I can understand if my forum/chat was peaking
resources or something, but to tell a new forum they cant
not use live chat, or ShoutBox is lame...thats just lame...

I could understand it even more if it was a free host. If you're paying for hosting, there's no excuse for this.

Really kinda funny they didn't even give you a reason why you needed to upgrade to a VPS unless the severs resources were already maxed out and your forum put them into the wall. Doesn't sound like there was allot of resources left to begin with. One might assume they were already over sold, but who knows. Now if you were hosting with us on one of our cloud plans your resources would just expand with your needs and vice-versa.

Even on a shared hosting plan, a forum (especially a new one) would not cause a server to become overloaded, unless like mentioned above, they're already oversold. If I were you, I'd certianly start looking elsewhere.

This is not a way to treat costumers! Name the host here so others won't chose this bad host!

apthost.com

They have excellent email/support.

Never had an issue before, until i read their TOS about live
chat, then send them an email to confirm, and they confirmed
by saying they do not allow live chat/or shoutcast on a
shared environment....

and I have never had any reliabliability issues with them either.

Shame....

I can understand where they're coming from in regards to shoutcast because of bandwidth consumption. We do not allow shoutcast on shared plans either. The issues with live chat and forums however, should not be a problem.

Back