• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My experience with Rackshack...Wanna see?

yeah, I agree:

that support technician really has poor work ethic and acted extremely unprofessionally.

So, which datacenter have you move to now, Jon?

Jon, I think you're going to be hopping around datacenters if that situation made you leave. Things are never going to run 100% perfect, mistakes might be made, by you as well, and you need to acknowledge that as well.

While the wrong server being pulled was obviously a mistake, in theory it was pulled to kill of a spammer which you let back on (by mistake). As I said, their mistake was pulling the wrong server, but you seemed to assume it was done to get your attention, which I don't think was the case.

Anyhow, you feel wronged and I doubt that will change, so I'll leave it at that and not give you my opinion on the second part. Anyway, good luck at your new datacenter and here's hoping that they do everything perfectly...

Originally posted by Chicken
As I said, their mistake was pulling the wrong server, but you seemed to assume it was done to get your attention, which I don't think was the case.

And a quote from Chris: "<EV1-Chrisn> your right. i did have the server pulled, seems thats the only way i could get your attention "

Thats why I assumed it was to get my attention...Go figure =)

Anyways...I wanted a datacenter who actually took into account that servers are business...Not just some freaken piece of crap that was okay to be down for hrs at a time...Which the new datacenter does...Do I know when my server is down now? Nah because its already getting rebooted if it is =) And it is STILL unmanaged...

Jon

With freehosting rackshack arn't exactly good for spam... I had 2 case's of it happening on 9cy.com in the whole time. The spam hadn't come from my server and the account's where allways chmoded 000 but they allways said what are you going to do about it. There's not much you can realy do about that sort of thing.

Its a bad experiance for you and well you should know by now about rackshack's support and how they make mistakes thats why if you go with rackshack just take it as a 100% no support server other wise your a bit screwed. I know your pissed off at them but posting your experiance everywhere won't realy help much to be honest.

Anyhow I hope you find another host unless your staying with them, there's quite a few good ones around.

Best of luck

You get what you pay for, I'm afraid. You have a serious business? Don't use Rackshack servers. ;)

By reboot, I take it your servers were totally dead, you couldn't even shell in let alone reboot out of Plesk.

Originally posted by NexDog
You get what you pay for, I'm afraid. You have a serious business? Don't use Rackshack servers. ;)

Absolute nonsense mate. No downtime. No speed issues. No packet loss. No complaints. Best speeds from our shores. Almost every other network, especially in recent times, has had plenty more problems than Rackshack will ever serve up.

Cheers

Gary

Originally posted by Aussie Hosts

Absolute nonsense mate. No downtime. No speed issues. No packet loss. No complaints. Best speeds from our shores. Almost every other network, especially in recent times, has had plenty more problems than Rackshack will ever serve up.

Cheers

Gary

I agree with Gary. While we did have a bad run (hardware wise with rackshack) others have no complaints with them. "You get what you pay for" is true in most cases however. I think it comes down to personal experience and luck. With 6000 servers ofcourse you get the odd "bad" one however we were blessed with 2.

Originally posted by MN-Robert

however we were blessed with 2.

Thats luck..... :rolleyes:

Umm... Connectivity wise.. Rackshack is good... also... what do you expect hardware wise for $99/mo with low setup .. and colo and bandwidth/data-transfer included?

These are not going to be high-end dell servers are they :rolleyes:

I agree with nexdog on this one..

I have noticed alot of people having hardware problems with rackshack and support problems, just surf WHT's forums :D

Originally posted by NexDog

By reboot, I take it your servers were totally dead, you couldn't even shell in let alone reboot out of Plesk.

It's all in the numbers I guess. In a perfect world we'd have no problems. The fact remains that everyone is having them from time to time, regardless of the price they're paying.

Cheers

Gary

With rackshack, i have hardly ever seen any network complaints, mostly hardware, its the opposite with nocster LOL :D.

Originally posted by invisionz
With rackshack, i have hardly ever seen any network complaints, mostly hardware, its the opposite with nocster LOL :D.

Maybe they should team up? :biggrin2:

Back