• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

my "easymonitor" results so far

Theo

I am using easy monitor ( http://www.easymonitor.com )to monitor the uptime of my sites and of the sites of some webhosts.
This thing is quite accurate. Here are the results so far on the webhosts I am monitoring:

name of host - time I am monitoring them - uptime so far

Splashhost - 1 month - 99.36%
ecommercediscovery - almost 1 month - 97.50%
discount-hosting - about 20 days - 100%
cyberwings - about 14 days - 100%
myacen.com.au - about 12 days - 98.38%

Thought somebody might be interested !! :p :D

Damm if it wasnt for apache going bad a few days ago we would have 100% uptime. I will check what our says in a few minutes

Originally posted by Archbob
Most host guarantee at least 99% uptime over the course of a year.

Most hosts guarantee 99.5% or 99.9% but i doubt most of them actually have that. For most hosts 99% would be something more realistic, although many don't even get that.

If hosts don't mention guaranteed uptime to begin with, then that's the end of that.

Hi Theo,

Does cyberwings offer CP so that you can control your account?
It seems the they do all the account setup mannually? Is everything running smooth so far?

Thanks.

Originally posted by ebird
Hi Theo,

Does cyberwings offer CP so that you can control your account?
It seems the they do all the account setup mannually? Is everything running smooth so far?

Thanks.

Yes, They offer the Plesk CP.
So far so good. But I've been with them for just some days.
A good test for how reliable they are is gona this Friday at 12am that they anounced that they will take their servers offline for no more than 45 minutes to replace a circuit. Lets see how accurate they are ..

From their website: "Beginning at 11PM CST *FRIDAY*, December 7th, 2001, Cyberwings will be down for a period of NO LESS than 90 minutes, NO MORE than 3 hours. This is for all COBALT servers to complete the migration to our new data center."
Actually it was 3 hours 21 mins. Is that a lot, 21 mins more than they said?

hey !! I was checking easy monitor exactly at the same time !! mine actually says 3:20 :)
Well, if you take into account that easy monitor checks every 15 minutes, then i think they were very close to what they promised, which is not bad for moving their servers to new datacenter. Some other cheap hosts I know took them a lot more than that to make such a move.
After this, their uptime is down to 99.3% (for the last 22 days). Lets see if they will be equally stable in the new datacenter.

Actually my site is hosted on one of their new Plesk systems, not on the cobalts, so it wasn't affected at all :p

Back