• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My database at directoris.com is gone forever!! :-(

curiousity

Did any of you at directoris lost all of your database?

All of my database has been destroyed and unfortunately I do not have back ups. I trusted directoris, and now all of my sql database has been wiped out.

Never, never trust any web host. What a hard lesson to learn. And always backup your database, no matter what host you have.

Originally posted by curiousity
Never, never trust any web host. What a hard lesson to learn. And always backup your database, no matter what host you have.

Excellent piece of advice. Normally a host will advise you to do your own backups regularly in there TOS. I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Yeah it would suck if my site was completely data-base driven and then it died and I lost everything, I know how you feel.

When I was with yupapa I used to much transfer and instead of temporarily dis-abiling my account Stupid DonHost deleted my account and all my info, I lost my database which was not huge but it had over 60 members and close to 1000 posts. And now it is gone forever. :( The control panel didn't have a backup download thing either I would have had to saved the txt or something.

The problem is that I trusted directoris.com and that I never would have thought that they would lose everyone's database. I am sure I am not the only one affected by this. I am sure that other clients were affected as well.

I am a cautious person and usually make back ups. But for some reason I let this one slipped by, and now I am paying the consequences.

Originally posted by curiousity
I am sure that other clients were affected as well.

Just in case you weren't aware, there is a "Directoris Safehouse" forum at:

http://beyondhs.community.everyone.net/commun_v3/scripts/directory.pl

It's fairly active from what I've seen over the last few months. It's description reads:

"An unofficial community where users of Directoris Web hosting service can still help and support each other. NOTE: this board is not affiliated with or supported by Directoris.com -- free speech is allowed, but please use common sense and courtesy."

Cheers

Gary

Back