• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MX records

VinceW

I would like to start a free email service, everyone.net, at a site that is hosted for free. In order to use everyone with your own domain name, you must be able to change the MX records.

So, if I got this right, I need to find a free host that: 1) will host my own domain name, 2) will allow the MX records to be changed, and 3) has no banners (I'm not positive that this is necessary).

Does anyone know of a host that fits the first two at the very least?

It will be hard to find such a host, in fact impossible, one that's reliable anyway. I've looked.

Just use like Mydomain.com to direct your domain and MX settings to any host you want.

Or do like I did, and say enough is enough, and go with a cheap and reliable hoster.

I have found Worldzonepro.net to be the all around best. It is Full Featured, Highly reliable, Excellent & personal service, and inexpensive; only $36 a year.

Just a suggestion... :)

Thanx guys.

Beans - I heard about netcabins a few months ago. Unfortunately, they're still down.

leeuniverse - I was actually thinking about paying but wanted to see if there was any free host out there that could do the job - guess not. Worldzonepro.net is definitely one I'll consider.

That's too bad Mandrake. Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay for similar services and from what I understand, they're still the best free one out there.

Back