• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Multiple dedis

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
Yellow all,
I'm looking for a multiple MANAGED dedicated server setup in grid formation. I would like to go with a VERY SECURE AND RELIABLE company for this. Cost is not much of an issue. I would like for you guys to recommend some reliable hosts. Also, wouldn't it be the hosting company's job to set the servers in any way I want? Or do I have to have that as part of the agreement? I don't want to deal with resellers/small timers. I want to deal directly with the big boss. Thanks!

Ps. I've looked at aplus.net? and rackspace so far. what do you guys think of them?

Wow big jump Abush, are you looking at a 'cluster' as in a lot of server behaving as one, or (I'm gonna get slapped for all the options) several as a distributed file system with main controllers, or - you get the idea.
Some will do the trick for each option, if it's that big then maybe the standard options are not an option at all.
PM if it's sensitive as to what the outcome is to be and I'll help if I can.

I know it's a big step. It's for a client really. I can't afford half that. :p Anywho, the cluster idea sounds about right. I want to have multiple layers for each option (web server, application server, and database server) Pretty much atleast one for each layer. I am not sure as to how it will be setup but I know it's possible.
James: We can definitely afford whomever can provide secure and reliable servers. Do you think rackspace provides that?

If your looking for multiple 'layers' to the solution then drop me a PM with details - seriously, for once I'll do a no fee consultancy job. Sounds like you might have a good client in the line and who knows, you may come back for future info ;)

Seriously Abush, if it's a full suite I do have the resource and the contacts to get the info - not selling - so no inherent gain for me but I'd hate for a deal to go south on anyone (that's what I do 'support' at high levels).

If money is seriously no object, you can totally rely on Rackspace to setup whatever specs you want and how you want it setup. They'd handle the A - Z no problem for sure.

You can also contact ThePlanet sales team.

Thanks guys!
Decker, I'll let you know if I need some help in the near future.
For now I'll contact rackspace and the planet to see what I can get for how much. Between the two, the planet looks more reliable.

Thanks guys!
Decker, I'll let you know if I need some help in the near future.
For now I'll contact rackspace and the planet to see what I can get for how much. Between the two, the planet looks more reliable.

I'm pretty sure rackspace is reliable as well. They are one of the top dogs in dedicated server solutions.

Of course their prices are also crazy from what I remember.

I haven't even seen a quote from their dedis. I looked around their site yesterday and it didn't seem upfront. Also, I was going to show my clients the rackspace deals (assuming I'll find it) and the site was VERY slow. It was so slow that I didn't even get a chance to load more than a quarter of the page. That didn't sit well with me.

I haven't even seen a quote from their dedis. I looked around their site yesterday and it didn't seem upfront. Also, I was going to show my clients the rackspace deals (assuming I'll find it) and the site was VERY slow. It was so slow that I didn't even get a chance to load more than a quarter of the page. That didn't sit well with me.

Rackspace does not have any prices on their website. In order to get a quote from them you need to either contact them via phone or live chat. They will discuss what your needs are, and then get back to you with a custom quote for you or your company's needs.

At least thats how it worked a few years ago when I looked into their servers.

:)

Yea I kinda figured that was how they worked it. It would be nice if they had generic plan rates up on their site. ThePlanet has it like that.

<edit>
Decker: don't type so fast now. Thanks for the link.

Not necessarily but I would highly like it in the us since their business will deal with the US in general.

I would suggest looking at thenynoc.com for clustered setups. They do custom configurations such as this if you ask them. I referred a client over to them for a small cluster and they are doing a great job so far with everything.

Back