• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

multiple browser testing

lyew

Does anyone know of a online service or offline software package that allows you to see how your html(+other client side scripts) will appear in various browsers/versions?

I know of NetMechanic but does anyone know of anything else beside that?

hm, there is such software out there but it´s not very useful. I´m working in a big webdevelopment company and we all have to check pages manually cross browsing. But if your coding is good the less you have to check :D

I have IE6, NN4.7, NN6 and Opera installed (PC) and a Mac with same browsers. It´s the most hated job a webdeveloper has to do, to test on all OS and so on ...

Sorry pal, we have to share our lives with the same problem ;)

Originally posted by lyew
Does anyone know of a online service or offline software package that allows you to see how your html(+other client side scripts) will appear in various browsers/versions?

I know of NetMechanic but does anyone know of anything else beside that?

websitegarage.com

[

I have IE6, NN4.7, NN6 and Opera installed (PC) and a Mac with same browsers. It´s the most hated job a webdeveloper has to do, to test on all OS and so on ...

[/B]

Thanks for that. You see, that's precisely the problem. Most OSes don't tolerate having more than one version of a particular browser on one machine. I believe it's difficult to have every single major version of IE on one computer -- so that means the need for a number of machines. Pretty resource intensive work there...

ANd by the way, the service doesn't have to be free

well you can run different netscape versions on one OS but not with IE afaik. But since IE is the much more tolerant browser you should optimize your sites with netscape, if they look perfect there you shouldn´t have problems with IE anymore.

Take care with stylesheets and javascripts.

Back