• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MS Excel quirk...?

agnieszka

hello,

a friend of mine has a problem whereby he cannot exit MS Excel using the close button (X), nor by right clicking the application button in the start bar (no option to close in the right-click menu).

He can, despite this, exit the program using File|Exit. However, this is posing an annoying problem, as anyone can imagine.

He is running Win 2000, i believe (if not, it'd be 98 or NT4, but i doubt either of those to be the likely system), and MS Office 2000 (for sure).

to rectify the problem, attempted to scan his C drive (on which Office is installed), asking Windows to attempt to automatically fix any encountered errors.

this approach did not help, nor do i know what next to try. if anyone has any suggestions, or knows how to fix this, or how to best approach the problem, please reply.

thank you,
agnieszka.

everything else works fine.

i haven't been back to my friend's place yet to try the first suggested solution (look for up-dates and service packs), then i'll try re-installing the software, as suggested.

it would seem, then, that no one really has seen this problem before. i've yet to browse microsoft's web site for any such warnings/cautions/patches and what-not.

thanks anyway to everyone taking out the time to read these posts.

ag.

Back