• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mp3 player

ln

Looking to buy a mp3 player. Any thought/advice ?
(probably $300 max, preferably less)

*lol* I believe so too... :D

Buy an MP3 player that has at least 64MB, one that fits in your pockets, has an expandable memory slot thing, and one that doesn't have any other crap functions.

Well, to get the thread back on topic..

Personally, I'd try to find some kind of a portable CD player that is capable of playing mp3s. This is only really a viable option if you have a CD burner. If you have a CD-rw drive, then you have a very cheap and big type of media to store mp3s on. Those flash cards can be kind of pricey, and they typically don't hold nearly as much as a standard CD (650 MB!) Not to mention the fact that it can play normal CDs too.

Of course, there are drawbacks to that as well. CDs can still "skip", and those players are more bulky than normal mp3 players. So if you listen to your music when you're working out or when you're jogging, it probably wouldn't work so well. It isn't a big deal for me since most of my listening is done while I'm in the car or something..

thanks Rodie for the opinion.
actually I am more after the hard-disk based type of mp3 player, where you can plug in a standard HD to use as mass storage for the mp3s (as opposed to memory card or burned CD ROMs). The player is seen by the PC jsut as an external extra HD when you link it to the PC via USB. I don't mind bulky as I am not looking for portability, just something to use with my stereo in the living room. Any thought ?

Back