• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MP3 Editor

[lhomme]

Hiya - I need a simple free editor that will allow me to raise the volume of my mp3s (I'm trying to get them all the same volume). Thanks.

free?

well...

not good, VERY raw.
use winamp to export them to wav.
then use the built in wav editor in windows to adjust the volume, the use musicmatch jukebox free edition to re-encode them to mp3

you ARE dealing with legallyobtained mp3's? right?

thats a slow, and painful way to do it, but it will work.

have fun

That's the low quality way that would screw up your music more than it would help...

Just use MP3Gain for amplifying your volume.

yeah, your right, thats the point.

if your having issues with your mp3's, re-record them...

if you don't have the source cd's, then, well...

anyways.

i think my feelings on illegal mp3's is generally well known.

Too late for that, I already gave him the proper method of increasing the volume without sacrificing quality.

Oh yeah, btw, if you don't understand MP3Gain, try this little tool that directly edits MP3s without re-encoding. (All other tools can edit MP3s, but they re-encode and lower quality.)
http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#mp3dc

Originally posted by guitarnerd
It is called normalizing and CDEX has this feature I highly reccomend it
There are many different types of normalization, some significantly degrade quality. I'm not sure about the one in CDex, but MP3Gain retains excellent quality.

NO! There is only one type of normalization and don't argue with me on this one...Normalizing is just where it scans the spectrum of the audio file and increases the gain as high as it can go without clipping.

Back