• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Most popular form of payment.

tlchosting

At the moment we only accept paypal and google checkout, but we was discussing in out team meeting today about adding some more.

We was thinking of using the following:

1. WorldPay
  2. NOCHEX
  3. Sage Pay/PROTX VSP
  4. 2Checkout
  5. Cheque

We would love some feedback from the hosts here about what ones you use and what is your most popular.

Our most popular form of payment is PayPal, 2Checkout and then Google Checkout. We do accept cheques and bank transfers, but mostly receive these payments from businesses rather than individuals.

[JSH]John;1109816 said:
Our most popular form of payment is PayPal, 2Checkout and then Google Checkout. We do accept cheques and bank transfers, but mostly receive these payments from businesses rather than individuals.

What is 2Checkout like?

u should put Alertpay into the list, as i heard of a lot good things about them

Thanks, do you use it?

[JSH]John;1109816 said:
Our most popular form of payment is PayPal, 2Checkout and then Google Checkout.

We can second this. We also rarely see checks for payment from customers that either don't have or don't use any online payment processors.

What is 2Checkout like?

2Checkout is basically a credit card gateway that can be integrated into pretty much all the popular carts/billing systems. They feature an in-house fraud department that will automatically & manually screen your orders for fraud. They use ACH to disburse funds from your 2CO account to your bank account after you reach your set threshold. Over the years they have been good to us and they are a great option to have for your CC transaction needs.

Last edited:
@TLCHosting,
i am just using a personal account only, didn't use the business account.
i just heard that quite a lot ppl is using it and gave good comments about them
:)

Greetings,
In my case, close to 91% of my customers use PayPal and 9% are using Google Checkout. I see no reason to change this​

Paypal is scary.

I really want to have some Micropay options that are twice removed so I can pay but not give an actual credit card number. Of course I can afford $1.87 a month or something. It's the modern privacy problems I have with paid web services.

Paypal seems without doubt to be the most popular. We had a issue with a client who's bank reversed the fees just the other day. That's scary. It marked the transaction complete and given us the money then two days later reversed it!

PayPal, 2Checkout are most popular form of payment. I heard some guys using google checkout, sure google will be good.

My current billing system is entirely paypal-based. I would have to develop a connector to use other billing systems with it, though it's a common database so it could be done.

I would'nt trust Bank Transfers much. Orders goes by completely if paid by bank transfers and end up with a payment issue etc...

Some people try to pay with bank transfers because it's not instant, and they have 0$ balance and try to get free services.

I believe you need to think over your customers first of all and use payment methods according to them. In any way for me paypal is the best option.

Back