• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

most famous and reliable web host

I think it'd be wisest to check hosting reviews about them and see what other people think.

point 1) We are probably the most famous, I find it hard to go out in my stretched Limo Ferrari without people mauling me, asking for my autograph, yelling AVAIL! :D

point 2) Cpanel is not a big deal, there are *gasp, other panels out there that do a fine job of administering a website.

point 3) godaddy has both its ups and downs for reliability

point 4) there really is no "most reliable" all hosts have good and bad things and it can boil down the individual machine you are on. What really matters is when something does happen and you are taken care of swiftly and properly.

AvailNetworks said:
point 1) We are probably the most famous, I find it hard to go out in my stretched Limo Ferrari without people mauling me, asking for my autograph, yelling AVAIL! :D

same same here :lol: but that is probably in our dreams

AvailNetworks said:

You sure do have big dreams! :lol:

Well, I don't like GoDaddy's hosting. They don't offer you any known control panel. I think only FTP access, but they aren't famous for their web hosting, they're famous for their domain hosting. I would try finding a different host, better quality, cPanel/DirectAdmin/Plesk control panel equipped and work from there. There's many hosts that can offer you great hosting, for the greatest prices. Try looking at the paid offers section.

I think it'd be wisest to check hosting reviews about them and see what other people think.
Where can I find the review?

They offer cPanel for VPS and Dedicated Servers for a extra fee.
What is VPS and how much extra fee should I pay?

Except GoDaddy.com, do you know any other famous and reliable web host?
Plz help me

Check out different forums, Hosting Directories and review sites.

In the final stages of your search for a good Host, a very important step is to test them.

Good Luck!
Lea.

For reliable and "famous" hosts, just look for reviews on them.
You mean in this forum/site? (FWS) or I should search the web?

You can also check their uptime and speed.
How?
How can I check their uptime and speed?

Check out different forums, Hosting Directories and review sites.
Can you plz tell me some of those review sites?

In the final stages of your search for a good Host, a very important step is to test them.
How can I test them?
Should I buy a one month account or something?

Good Luck!
Thx Lea :)

For Reviews, Search FWS, webhostingtalk (WHT), and Google their name +Review

For speed, just load some sites they are hosting and see if its fast or slow. Of course your connection can affect it.

For uptime, some hosts may display their uptime on their sites.

For testing, hope they have a money back guarantee.

Can you plz tell me some of those review sites?

Search Google for more however some on them are WHT, hosthideout.com, hostingdiscussion.com

How can I test them?

Once you have narrowed down your list to a few hosts send them a test email see how long it actually takes them to respond, judge the quality of the response. Also see if they have a money back guarantee and go through their TOS carefully.

Thx Lea :) Glad I could be of help.

Hosting directories and review sites are not generally very helpful. Some review sites are run by the host who happened to be voted number one. Others claim the top 10 to be those who pay them the most in affiliate payouts :rolleyes:
Someone told me GoDaddy.com is most famous and reliable web host
They may be the one of most "famous" for domain registration, but they have a long way to go to claim the famous host title.

GoDaddy offers Plesk/Cpanel both...But they block out even outbound IRC clients.. Used em for a long time with a VPS and I have to say they have some of the dumbest support staff I have ever spoken with.

if I am not wrong their support center is probably orphan's who don't know english. One time they spelt Godaddy, GOO!Daddy and i was like ?? and once they spelt hosting hustimg and that was final i stoped hosting with them after that and made my own company (this was around 1-1.5 years ago)

I was in the same boat as you not so long ago, i didn't know which host was good and which was bad. I was so picky as to what host i would actually say "yeah, ok, these seem like they are genuine". I signed up on several forums asking for recommendations but you wont get people saying this host or that host, you will just get told to research hosts via reviews or forums.

Annoyed at this of course, but its probably the safest way to choose a host for you, only you know what you want and need. I could sit here and list several thousands hosts that you could try out, but that would just waste yours and my time!

The way in which i found my hosting company was to do the following

First Stage...
1. First, set out a plan as to what you think you will need, space, bandwidth, databases, emails etc.

2. Decide where you want your host to be based (same country or not)

3. Think about what type of support you will be happy with, do you need phone support or is a ticket system ample?

4. Decide on a budget, what you can afford each month

Second Stage...

1. Do a search on Google for hosting companies, using words like "hosting" "webhost" "webhosting" etc.

2. Once you find some companies, visit hosting forums and do a search on them for the companies you just found, and read any reviews about them

3. Narrow your search down to a select few companies

Third Stage...

1. Email the companies you have on your shortlist and test their response times, use their support email if possible, or use live chat.

2. Ask for a test download (bigger than 5mb) to test their server speeds

3. Check to see if there's room to upgrade your package for future purposes

Final Stage...

1. Check to see if the shortlisted hosts match your required needs (stage 1, 1)

2. Sign up with them for a month to test their services :)

3. If they are not up to your needs then switch to another comapny on your shortlist, if you are happy then congrats :beer:

I did this and signed up with Servage who have so far given me a great service and i am very happy with them. Their support reply has been within 10mins and i am only using a fraction of what my package includes,

80GB Space
1110GB Bandwidth
Unlimited MySql databases
unlimited Emails
Unlimited FTP Accounts
Unlimited Sub-Domains
1 Free Domain with Registration (Which i now own)
all for £5.25/$7.75 a month

And now i am a customer i can offer others a coupon to others that grants you an extra 5gb space when u sign up using iwantmore in the coupon box :)

Back