• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Most effective ways to get traffic to your site ;)

TryUsOut

Hi everyone!

Traffic, Traffic, Traffic! How do we get it? There are lots of possible ways to get traffic. All you need is to look at this list for your reference and check if you have done any of this yet.

Free methods:
Submission to SE's and directories
Article marketing
Email campaign
Forums, blogs and board postings
Social Bookmarking
Etc. etc.

Premium ways: (Should require a budget)
Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targetted Link backs
Professional SEO services
Ad spaces
Offline campaigns
Etc. etc.

Random and unique traffic is good to any site but getting targetted traffic is what makes the difference. This kind of traffic yields the highest conversion which would determine your site's success.

Given a budget, I would always opt for PPC. PPC is a very effective way of getting targetted traffic given the proper treatment. Identify your niche and select the market you want to cater to and start from there. Research also on the keywords your desired market would most likely be looking for. IMO, one should be more focused on getting targetted traffic than just page views. Buying targetted link backs are also effective at getting targetted traffic. It really all boils down to what your site offers to your traffic ;)

Another great way of targetting your desired audience is through forum posting on similar niche with your link on your signature. What I like about forum posting is that it is totally free.

My question is : What methods do you use to draw traffic to your site? Random and targetted alike.

Hoping to hear from you!

you give good ideas of ways to get traffic. but from my experience by looking and listening to people's question i believe the problem of getting traffic is on the part of not doing enough or taking the necessary action or learning the necessary skills to get traffic. most of them doing things without enough knowledge.

In Internet Marketing, you really learn from experience. I suggest you try out different advertising ways so you would know firsthand which works and don't on your niche.

Back