• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

More tests by Jerry

jerry4dos said:
That was MY question too -- there's a little "quill and paper" in the lower right corner of each post which takes you to the QUICK REPLY area. How does a QUICK REPLY differ from the reply that gets added when you pick POST REPLY at the lower LEFT corner at the bottom of the list of posts?

I haven't discovered the difference yet. Any ideas, Decker?

Jerry

Quick Reply doesn't show you all the options: style modes, smilies, post icons--all these are in "Advanced."

Quick Mode is for someone who wants to jot a text answer or question without regard to style.

I finally figured that out. For some reason, when I was first exploring, I thought that maybe the QUILL link made the QUICK REPLY appear right under the post I wanted to reply to -- but it doesn't. It just leads to the text editor just like the one at the bottom of the page.

There's something else I NEVER did figure out -- those DISPLAY MODES -- I know what linear is, but THREADED and HYBRID don't make any sense to me at all.

Jerry

I did, Lex -- and I don't understand it. Look at your last post in THREADED mode. It is attached directly to the original post I started the thread with, and not attached to my message posted just before yours. But, sometimes the posts are linked in stairstep fashion. Look at Decker's entry on 11/18 -- the next three replies are linked to it. What governs this linking pattern?

Back