• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

More Dedicated

Mrh0ax

Lets say i own one, how do i install software on the serevr if it is somewhere else? and how do dedicated servers work, i want to know as much info about dedicated and co-location servers as i can :)

all kinds, just want to know how to run them and and such, i am thinking of renting / leasing / buying one

Bascially, you just install software almost like you upload web pages. Through telnet/SSH you can navigate the machine as if it were sitting right next to you. This allows you to install/configure everything.

I really don't have time to go into exactly how they work (not sure what you need here), but esentially, it is nothing more than a computer, just like your home PC. Obviously the software and OS are different, but past that, itis a mobo, processor, HD, etc., in a case hooked up to a connection etc., etc., etc.

Back