• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

More bandwidth needed

psymaster

I am running a pictures galleries site, and I am hosting it with geocities. But my site is quite often down due to the transfer limit.

So, I am looking for a hosting service that allows bandwidth bigger than 3 GBs / month.

Any help?

hi i had the same problem as you with geocities, so i moved to 9cy.com, who ive found to be very reliable and offer the following for free

100MB Web Space
FTP!.
1 TERABYTE Transfer (1000 GIGS)
Fast servers
Unlimited Hits
Free E-mail*

SSI Support.
Free Chat Board
Free Form Email
Web Page Builder
Free Guestbook

http://www.9cy.com

Originally posted by Lil_Rob
hi i had the same problem as you with geocities, so i moved to 9cy.com, who ive found to be very reliable and offer the following for free

http://www.9cy.com

Are you serious?

How is that possible...33.3 GIGS transfer per day...Geez..Im paying $35 a month for only 12 GIGS per month. Whats the catch here!

Simon

simon - they go on the assumption that most people looking for free hosts will not use anywhere near this much data transfer. it's a kind of balancing act...

Originally posted by Lil_Rob

I could put money on it that they don't let you use 1 tera-byte. Thats even if your site was capable of using 1 tera-byte. They would probably delete your account.

Originally posted by cheatpark

I could put money on it that they don't let you use 1 tera-byte. Thats even if your site was capable of using 1 tera-byte. They would probably delete your account.
The connection speed makes it physically impossible to reach 1 terra-byte.. and if you used 33.3 gigs in a month they might del your acct.

They are powered by RackShack.
Out of all of the hosted sites altogether they must not use 300GB so the 1 terabyte is a lie

Originally posted by roly
They are powered by RackShack.
Out of all of the hosted sites altogether they must not use 300GB so the 1 terabyte is a lie

Me thinks its 400gb now... however if you can afford it, you pay for extra bandwidth.... 400gb is just what rackshack users get as standard....

He wasn't lying..

The 400GB they get standard is just what your account gets to begin with, you can use more BW.. And what i believe paul was refferencing to is that rackshack is using Cogent GB Link to Internet 1000Mbps Max. Macking maximum throughput be 1000mps..

Well we are more than capable of pushing a terabyte I assure you. We do have several accounts pushing 30 gigs. No ones going to use a terabyte if they do I'll stick them on another server somewhere else hell I'll buy them a domain name. You have to understand that 100 megs of space isn't that much meaning to shift a terabyte of transfer your going to be pulling in some serious uniques/page views. Since I get paid on this basis It will end up making me money.

My servers connected to a 100mbps port now last time I checked that can shift 33 terabytes. I have access to several other servers if the bandwidth usage gets high for an account.

I would say the same with amelen. I would be sure he would love a user to start taking a terabyte of transfer since his 150k file limit would make it realy hard for it to be a download site and therefor he will make alot of money.

With our file size limit, a user pulling a tera-byte would generate a few million $/day in profit.. ;)

That would be nice.. but for that i would need a site the size of yahoo to sign up for t35.com hosting ;)

yahoo.t35.com ? maybe i should call up yahoo and offer it to them.. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by amelen
With our file size limit, a user pulling a tera-byte would generate a few million $/day in profit.. ;)

That would be nice.. but for that i would need a site the size of yahoo to sign up for t35.com hosting ;)

yahoo.t35.com ? maybe i should call up yahoo and offer it to them.. :rolleyes:
or call altavista :D

Back