• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mobile DJ Site, please review

wow, talk about a thread that is almost a year old. :S
as far as content goes, i am not sure, the client maintains all the content, so, it very well could be similar.

True, it is an old thread, but sometimes it takes a while for SE's to index a site, the owner of the copied site to find the infringer's site, and then to find threads about the infringer's site to comment on. ;)

What's even worse is that his web host is apparently unaware of the Safe Harbor provisions since there is no way of reporting copyright violations to them, no mention of their Safe Harbor policies, no agent designated to receive notices, no mention of a designated agent on record at the Copyright Office, and they do not apparently follow the correct notice and takedown procedures. Pretty spooky activities for a web host. But it gets worse yet! A business relationship exists between the infringing site and the host, and it could easily be argued that since the owner of the webhosting company also appears to be an employee of the infringing company, finincial benefit arises from the infringing activity, thereby making the host very culpable even if they had covered themselves with the Safe Harbor provisions! :eek3:

Fortunately, the host in question is only a reseller for larger hosting company, so one simply has to move up the chain to get the infringer taken off line. Unfortunately, this will probably affect the reseller as well, which is a pity since the host has merely been uncooperative rather than down right hostile. It would also be highly inconvenient for any other clients of the web host to find that they are without a website because of the activities of their webhost, and it would take a pretty nasty person to do that without attempting to reason with the hosting company first.

Since I am his host, I will look into the content issue. If he has copied text, then I will notify him to change it or have the account suspended. so, thanks for the info. and no, it is not a reseller, it is my own dedicated server. so, so attack the hosting company is not really necessary since I was not aware of him copying text. that is not something I go out of my way to search the web looking for, and frankly it is pretty sad that you have done so.

In order to qualify for safe harbor protection, an OSP must:

* have no knowledge of, or financial benefit from, the infringing activity
* provide proper notification of its policies to its subscribers
* set up an agent to deal with copyright complaints

so, i had no knowledge of the infringing activity, the owner of the site will be notified to fix the site, or, it will be taken down. so, to pull safe harbor things on we will not work in this case. thanks again though for the concern.

Last edited:
so, so attack the hosting company is not really necessary since I was not aware of him copying text. that is not something I go out of my way to search the web looking for, and frankly it is pretty sad that you have done so. so, i had no knowledge of the infringing activity, the owner of the site will be notified to fix the site, or, it will be taken down. so, to pull safe harbor things on we will not work in this case. thanks again though for the concern.
Your claims of ignorance are laughable...I have phone bills to show that I spoke with you over the phone. You laughed about Kris and told me to send the info to you via the contact form on your site. The contact form must not be working, because surely a legitimate webhost would never ignore a DMCA notice, right?

And it is pretty sad when someone searches the net and discovers that his work has been stolen. And it is incredibly sad that when I make a polite attempt to have my copyrighted content removed that the uninnovative thief who stole it threatens physical violence. And it's even more sad that when the webhost is contacted, he simply laughed about the whole thing. That, my friend, is what is truly sad.

To "pull the safe harbor thing" in this case will work according to the people I spoke with at wowrack. I have nothing against you or Kris except that you stole my content. I especially don't have anything against any of the people who's sites are hosted on your dedicated server. I'm giving you a few days to remove my content in what ever way you wish, but if it isn't gone soon, I will fax to WOWRack the same DMCA notice that I sent to Google, MSN, and Yahoo. If you PM me a fax number, I'll fax you one as well. I will not use your contact form again, nor will I send it to your domain name proxy again. You've not responded to things sent via those methods before, so I need something with a point to point connection like a fax machine.

I don't enjoy being a prick, and I would much rather reason with someone than fight. Copied content hurts your site. SE's can tell when it's duplicated content. The algorithm to find it is pretty easy, but if you'd rather use a premade tool, try http://www.Copyscape.com. If you have the same content as another site, SE's try to figure out the "best" source for that content while ignoring the other sources. Your page will get indexed, but it'll likely only end up in a supplimental index. Is that really what you want to see happen to your site? Is it much easier to compete with an existing PR5 page than it is to be innovative and come up with your own description for your business?

i never received anything from the site, and the form works fine.i had spoken with Kris, and he said he was going to take care of it. I had not remembered to follow up with it since I have never had to deal with a situation like this before. And to attack me as the web host is just ridiculous. Also, to claim that I stole your work is laughable. I didnt steal anything. If Kris posted something that was the same as yours except for a few word changes, which I can see has been done, then that is HIS doing, to mine. so, dont go pointing fingers unless you have your facts straight. I have suspend the account until he shows me that he has new information to post on the site.

I told you that it would be taken care of, and it will be. truth is, he said he was changing it, i could not remember your site name till you posted here and could not check to see if it was changed. so, i took him for his word, my mistake, that is was being changed. sorry that he has taken your info.

in the future, contact me via phone, since in know you have it, or PM me on here. this thread is to discuss a site review, not have a debate that someone used the same text you used. i dont appreciate you pointing fingers at me when I am simply hosting the site. i am not in charge of the content, so, you can call me if you have more questions. if you sent to the proxy email, then it was either blocked as spam, or you did not send it to the right place. either way, you have my phone number.

BTW, there are 2 other sites using that content too. so, get you panties out of a wad and talk with them. i have taken care of Kris, and he will not be live again till the content is changed.

Last edited:
Back