• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Minor Code Help

[lhomme]

I just need some help with a few things:

1. What is the Netscape/Mozilla equivalent of topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" ?

2. Imagine a table with 2 columns and 1 row. In each of the two cells I want to make a table. How do I get both to be the same height without using absolute height values?

Thanks.

Why does everyone love proprietary coding? The only browser that might benefit is the dying Netscape4 and you miss modern browsers like Opera totally. It now happens that it's possible to work with Netscape's broken CSS interpretetion in this case.

/* Gets rid of top and left margin in Netscape4 */
body { margin: -10px 0px 0px -10px }

/* Sets all margins to 0 for IE5+ and Moz and padding to 0 for Opera. It overrides the above but isn't understood by Netscape */
html body { margin: 0; padding: 0 }

*/ The values are in the order: top, right, bottom, left */

If you want the proprietary Netscape code you google for it. It should take about two seconds to find. :p

2. Use %.

1. What is the Netscape/Mozilla equivalent of topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" ?
Topmargin, rightmargin, leftmargin, bottommargin do work in Netscape 6.x, I believe. In 4.x, marginwidth takes the place of right and left and marginheight top and bottom.

Back