• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MinFraud..

Jonathan-iZ

MinFraud plugin works in ClientExec and I have seen 2 customers with a 7.5 High Risk of fraud.

We have activated accounts and closely watching their moves...

I would like to know what you all think about the 7.5 High Risk Level that MinFraud is giving as a result. :confused4

Would be great if you would share what action you would take in this.

Regards,
Jonathan C.

7.5 is pretty high!

2.5 is usually the recommended cut off although we have ours set a little bit higher.

comparing that maxmind adds around 1.5-2 score for free emails though and you can see why some scores might end up being so high, also the telephone code must match the area and then it adds roughly 0.01 per km away from the county/state/ip to billing address.

when orders throw up such high values its best to manually review it and see what you think about the order yourself. it could be that the country itself is high risk and that can easily add on a score of 3 by itself.

A lot of things, from IP distance relative to address, status of email account (free etc),billing details matching name, country, state and street address given, telephone area code matching the area, status of country (nigeria is extremely high risk at a 6 i think)

Thats the ones i remember :p Hope that helps

Nothing better then a real person to calculate the fraud risk ;). The machines are still not that clever IMHO!

A.

Well, I've blocked all orders more than 7 and Telephone verification for all ordered with fraud risk 3.5

Its up to you what you choose, ut I think it as a standard.

A score of 6 or 5 can be easily achieved if the IP is dynamic ones and spread throughout the country by the ISP, generally.

We do not auto approve anything. I would recommend not taking anything over a 5 unless you get a photo copy of either their ID or credit card. Policy works well for us...

Back