• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mercuryboard 2beta

Re: Re: mercuryboard 2beta

Originally posted by cheatpark

To me it looks like they analysed the ikonboard code and changed it to suit them.

Explain to me how they could clone ikonboard when iB is perl and mB is PHP? :rolleyes:

The Perl/PHP is only used for the dynamic parts of the message board. The tables and links were all written in HTML, and MercuryBoard could have easily used that basic framework code and added PHP to it.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
The Perl/PHP is only used for the dynamic parts of the message board. The tables and links were all written in HTML, and MercuryBoard could have easily used that basic framework code and added PHP to it.
Right. And it seems like the "original" has a nicer layout.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
For some reason, the link you gave me immediately redirected to this URL: http://pantip.inet.co.th/cafe/siam/ and I wasn't able to find any message board here. :confused:

Anyway, yes, I found that my browser had been set to Chinese. For some reason, when I read the Chinese, the grammar was actually correct in some points, but none of the actual information made any sense? :confused:

Nothing else I can do for you then. I don't really visit that site often so I don't know my way around. :D

Back