• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Member titles....

whatevah

Just wondering how the member titles on this board are set up... on most boards, you get past "Junior" when you do 20 or 25 posts...

just wondering how this is set up.

Last edited:
Originally posted by whatevah
Just wondering how the member titles on this board are set up... on most boards, you get past "Junior" went you do 20 or 25 posts...

just wondering how this is set up.

I don't remember but I think it is this:
Code:
if(no_post<=50)
 Title="Junior Member";
else if(no_post>50&&no_post<=100)
 Title="Member";
else if(no_post>100&&no_post<=1000)
 Title="Senior Member";
else if(no_post>1000)
 Title="NLC"; // NLC mean No Life Club
Can anyone optimize the solution?

Below 30 = junior member
30-100 = member
100-1000 = senior (over 200 to get an avatar)
1000-2000 = NLC
2000+ = ???

Coolin: Thou has erred. 1000+=NLC and from a mystery number about halfway between 1000 and 2000 you get to make your own title

I didn't err.

If you do not change your title, you are still NLC at 2000+ posts. The option to change your title happens at 1500 posts. It's a secret though, so don't tell anyone. Shhh!

ahh, thats no fun..

besides, i don't think i'll reach 1500 posts for a long while... maybe not for another year..

of course, I guess you could make a perl script that sends a message to this group somewhere, once every 10 minutes.. but, I doubt certain people would like that... hehe

of course, I guess you could make a perl script that sends a message to this group somewhere, once every 10 minutes.. but, I doubt certain people would like that... hehe
The limit is 30 seconds if you're wondering :)

ok, cool... I'm a "member" wow. :rolleyes:

maybe it's just me but 'member' isn't the biggest complement in the world. It has at least one alternative slang meaning

i wonder how much of the system resources would be taken up if a post came into this board every 100 ms. the mysql database would go caca coo coo.

<?php
for ($meow_lives = 9; $meow_lives > 0; ){
if (pissed_off($meow) || hurt($meow)) --$meow_lives;
}
?>

:p

I don't know php, but it looks like there's a syntax error in there.. I could be wrong though..

Back