• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

member steps :)

cleggo

thought i'd ask, but what are the number of post per step?

0-??=Junior Member
??-??=member
etc.

btw, did anyone see the techtv show the other day
when it was live on tv? the one at the computershow..
nice stuff, but I do not think the house-of-the-furture
will take off any time soon, did you see that $10,000
tv? :D

0-29 = junior member
30-(100 or 150, can't recall... but I believe it is 150)= Senior Member

As you can see, I just reached Member, after 3 months :)

Didn't see the show though.

i don't think it really matters. It's just a way of showing you how many posts a user has posted and how familiar he/she might be with this message board. See, you *MAY* want to take advice from Senior Members but consider advices from Junior Members with a grand total of 2 posts who has been member since Oct. 2000.

No offense, really :)

I still think we should have funny levels like SpacePorts: 'All-Knowing', 'Answers To Many Qustions', 'Has to many pointless posts', 'Jedi Knight'. I guess it would be a little more loose than "I'm a SENIOR MEMBER and you're nothing but a LOUSY JUNIOR MEMEBR!". I mean, if it was funny, people could laugh about it and it wouldn't be so serious.

[This must be the millionth time I've stated this idea :p]

Yeah, that would be a neat idea... but wouldn't it be weird to have Jedi Knights and Captain Commandos? I mean, they have nothing to do with each other, so you can't really tell its level.

You know, maybe if, say, there are 10 levels, and it takes a million posts to get to that level.. wouldn't it be cool if there's a script that allows level 10 guys to use HTML or at least post images?
Like, if you just joined, all you can do is post regular, boring old plain text, and if you post up to 100 posts, you graduate from level 0 and "upgrade" to Level 1, and you get a special feature, like the ability to use smilies. When you proceed onto Level 2 with 500 posts, you get some other rights, and so on... it would be fun. =) And I'll bet that will cause the users of this board to come back more often post more frequently... of course, this might result in serious spamming, but the mods can monitor these actions get to ban IPs and stuff.

....okay, I KNOW this sounds like a game, probably lame or stupid, but hey, I'm a kid... this is the way I think! ;)

I hate you Gayowulf! I unknowingly clicked your damn link and what happens? Blue screen of death! Thanks to you my computer froze, I lost two valuable WordPerfect docs, 3 unsaved HTML pages, and 6 unsaved photoshop images I had been working on for an hour!

I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!

I hope you burn in hell you mean bastard!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
And that's why you don't listen to Nick, a senior member. ;)

Now I forgot what I was mad about... Old timers desease kickin in, and who are you to talk dumb cattle? You are a old [FWS.net] geezer like me ;)!

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
hehe... guess I've got oldtimers cow disease, huh? :rolleyes:

Stupid humans! :)

Lets all just hope that it's not mad cow disease. I hear that's synonomis with PMS. Wouldn't that spice up the FWS forums ;).

Originally posted by Coolin
LeX, you idea will result in serious spamming. Not just might.

Collin's right. A million posts? Ha! The server would overload because people would be posting constantly wanting to post images.

*shrugs* it was just an idea that i knew will explode before it gets out of the hangar...

Nick and Moocow: would you mind, er, chatting in a new thread? Your conversations looks outta-place here. ;)

Originally posted by LeX
Nick and Moocow: would you mind, er, chatting in a new thread? Your conversations looks outta-place here. ;)

[thinks to self: when cornered, blame the cow]

It was the cow's fault. Yeah, that's it! It's all his fault.

Back