• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

media streaming on linux

diwaker

Hello

i want to know that anyone have any experiance with winamp beta for linux i m planning to install for live feed relay to my shoutcast server.

i m planning to put media files on linux and install winamp linux version and feed shoutcast radio from linux

if anyone have any idea about winamp linux version then let me know.

regards
diwaker

Last edited:
I would suggest you to use sc_trans instead of installing winamp. You're using it as a source?

the use sc_trans for linux, it has live encoding and playlist support. Works on console and it's a CPU hog, but you'll see its worth it.

Plus, I'm not sure if there's a shoutcast dsp plugin for linux, there's one for XMMS though

let me give it a try
is 500mhz cpu is enough for sc_trans ?
i check with winamp on windows server winamp and dsp both only consuming 16mb ram and i don think its consuming cpu more than 100mhz bcoz i tested it in my uk based windows vps and i not notice any slow performance in my vps.

Back