• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Making the monitor less damaging/straining on the eyes

Skribblez

Besides keeping your distance about 1 meter away from the screen, what else can you do to lessen the amount of strain/damage the screen does to your eyes? Are there any products you can buy especially for this case? (Maybe a screen you can attach onto the monitor to lessen the glare?)

Just wondering because I spend quite alot of time in front of the computer. :evilb:

Last edited:
Set the appropriate brightness for the screen, at the point you are comfortable with.

and as you said, you can buy a screen that lessens glares

but the best way is to take a 5 minute-break for every 1 hour

If you have a CRT monitor, thet make a screen you can put in front of it that helps alot. If you have the money the best thing would be upgrade to a good LCD.

I heart CRTs were very bad on the eyes because the image itself is maybe a 1/4" from the glass, and our eyes focus on the glass and not the image, causing a rise in nearsightedness. I can't really contend if that is right or not, but I've been near sighted almost my whole life and it does get worse every year.

As far as with LCDs, my best tip is to not stare too close to the monitor and adjust the brightness on it. I find that using the highest brightness setting in a dark room can kill my eyes fast

I have been staring at computer screens for nearly 10 years and my eyes are fine. Breaks are good, as is looking out the window to focus on a distant point frequently. A part of my computer training way back then was Work Place Health and Safety and the same common sense applies today.

I have to admit im in front of a pc about 16-18 hours a day..i hardley ever take breaks (i know i should) But sometimes i just get busy and forget about it. I can say my sight is just a little bit worse than what it use to be. And headaches are more frequent to..

You could try changing the brightness in the monitor menu, but I think if you've got an LCD just make sure you're not too close to it and have good lighting around you.

I regret ever using the computer!!! My eye sight is terrible now, i blame World of Warcraft for doing the most damage to my eyes!!! ^^

Back