• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Make windows applications with native php code

So you wrote a program to compile php, in php and then compiled it with itself?

That is the most awesome thing ever, even if it makes my brain hurt.

So you wrote a program to compile php, in php and then compiled it with itself?

That is the most awesome thing ever, even if it makes my brain hurt.

:lol: Made mine hurt for a while - then I remembered :idea:

It was KRAK_JOE :evilb:

To test it I made a php file
PHP:
<?php
echo "test";
?>
and compiled it into test.exe - as a console application it loads for a split second then closes, as a windowed application it doesn't even seem to open.

Am I doing it right? I'm confused :S

To clarify, the windowed application mode is for applications written with the ability to use windows forms, like the phpCompile itself, if I had compiled it in console mode, you would get a console window when you run the application.

Furthermore, console applications will only stay open for as long as they are executing, you'll notice if you execute the same command from an actual console window (cmd) you will get the output and then back to the command prompt.

An example of the windowed application usage would really only be with winbinder or php-gtk ( untested ), do this and you'll see what I mean.

Make a blank project with :

PHP:
<?
wb_message_box( null, "The message box" );
?>

as the main script, add php_winbinder.dll to the extension list, make the application in both console mode and in windowed application mode and you'll see why that's a useful feature.

Again, yes it's php and it compiled itself, it uses winbinder and win32std and not a sinlge line of c.....

Last edited:
Just incase anyone is watching this post, the v5 version is well on its way I gotta console but it's messy another week or so and it should be good for use...... if you can't wait for a v5 version you can email me for console so far ......

Back