• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Major power outage in NA

stu online

without power or water for 23 hours.. but the stu man is back! :biggrin2: :cool2:

I was without power, water, or cooling for 26hours :cry2: All my food is rotten now too :cry2: :cry2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Strange why everyone is making a big fuss about this blackout, when nobody seemed to care that Iraqis had no electricity and water for months. :rolleyes:
No one cared? Hmm. Guess those humanitarian efforts that were on the news for 3 or 4 days in a row don't count. But that's off-topic.

Originally posted by notnamed
No one cared? Hmm. Guess those humanitarian efforts that were on the news for 3 or 4 days in a row don't count. But that's off-topic.
No, I mean on this forum and many others.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Strange why everyone is making a big fuss about this blackout, when nobody seemed to care that Iraqis had no electricity and water for months. :rolleyes:
what are you talking about? when did nobody care? maybe you didn't, but that doesn't count.

Originally posted by Cagez
My power was off from about 4 to sometime early this morning, while a 5 min drive from my house was of from 4 to about 7 last night. Lucky them :D

Heh, in my neighborhood if the power goes out I lose power and so does everyone to the right of me in my neighborhood but the people on the left are on a seperate grid with the school so they always keep their power...

My power was off from about 4 to sometime early this morning, while a 5 min drive from my house was of from 4 to about 7 last night. Lucky them :D
Oh don't worry, you'll still get your share of a blackout, when the rolling blackouts begin.
That doesn't sound fun, but at least there's warning this time.

Originally posted by jmiller
Oh don't worry, you'll still get your share of a blackout, when the rolling blackouts begin.
That doesn't sound fun, but at least there's warning this time.

I've only had one so far, and it only lasted like 30 seconds.

Never had my share of the rolling blackout so far (touch wood) since power was back on-line round noon yesterday (Friday). 20 hours without power is already more than enough.

I've only had one so far, and it only lasted like 30 seconds.
Rolling blackouts?
Apparently the rolling blackouts will last about 2 hours, occur ever 10-12 hours, due to the fact Niagara has not yet recovered from Thursday, and there is not enough power.

Originally posted by nameslave
20 hours without power is already more than enough.
I go crazy if ours is off for even an hour :confused2 Kinda makes you wonder what you did with your time before computers :eek:

I can only admire the millions who were affected for making the most of a situation that was out of their control. I know one guy who got to know his neighbours after 5 years :eek: they made it into a party type gathering, sharing barbecues and food and generally getting to know each other :)

Originally posted by keith
what are you talking about? when did nobody care? maybe you didn't, but that doesn't count.
Nobody on these forums seemed to care when I brought it up. It was all about "liberating" Iraq from Saddam Hussein back then. Now that the Iraqi electricity and water problem is partly taken care of, we continue to see what the Bush administration calls "improvement" in Iraq with the increased murder, robbery, and rape.

Originally posted by Jan
I know one guy who got to know his neighbours after 5 years :eek: they made it into a party type gathering, sharing barbecues and food and generally getting to know each other :)
Awww...isn't that sweet? But why, oh why, did they need a blackout to convince them to get to know their neighbors better?

Originally posted by Jan
I go crazy if ours is off for even an hour :confused2 Kinda makes you wonder what you did with your time before computers :eek:
I used to read a lot. ;) Now I seldom pick up a paperback and can hardly write with my hand. No kiddding.

I have been using PIM like Lotus Organizer since more than 10 years ago when I dumped my filofax (remember that? :D), but the real challenge comes with the Internet which basically changes EVERYTHING.

Back