• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looksharp.com.ar hosting

c00l

Hi, I don't know if you know this site but the basics are that it contains .exe files for download, it uses a big bandwidch (about 15gb@month in heavyests ones), and needs Perl & SSI to work fine.

Also, for future changes, it would be nice php + mysql, for rum some kind of forums.

Banners're ok, but if would be possible, not topbanners or anything in the page, ads should appear in another page.

I don't speak english prety well so sorry, but I think this could be understanded.

Do you know a free web hosting that supports all that, or some idea where a couple of freehostings should interact to do this.

I forgot, it also uses it's own domain (looksharp.com.ar, but I think someone registered looksharp.ws too).

Thanks.

Edit: I completely misunderstood what you said, my bad.

Chances are this looksharp site is using a paid service and not a free one.

Last edited:
and i wasnt talking to you i was asking c00l if that what a write was right or wrong

Originally posted by murat
and i wasnt talking to you i was asking c00l if that what a write was right or wrong

Few corrections:
Latina América (You were saying Latin American) :)
alemania

I speak fluent Spanish too...

I am trying to track down the registar website... I remember it, but cannot recall the address.

Spanish guy here.

Yes I'm argentinian, I speak spanish (hablo español para los criollos que lean esto).

.com.ar are free for every one who has an email, or it's what it says in the official site, www.nic.ar, is use to have a english version, but the entire site whas updated a few days ago so I can't find the right link now.

Sorry if I what I post was unable to be understanded, here is resumed what I want:

- Free web hosting, with a long bandwitch, domian hosting, perl + ssi, mysql and php, and it's important that it let me put some files to download.

The domian hosting isn't the most important, I can use mydomain.com.
PHP and MySQL are optional for me, so it's for a future upgrade of the site, later I can do it in some other part.

Quote:
no vivo en america latina vivo en allemania
is this right ?

It's very well but it has a few errors:

No vivo en America Latina, vivo en Alemania.

Those requirements are going to be hard to meet, but you could try skaggy.com when it opens. At this time there really isn´t any others to meet those requirements.

I would have to recommend paid hosting.

RE: Paid hosting

Yeah, I have that in mind, but in the moment is imposible to pay a host (I don't know if you know about whats happening in my country).

I has checked up a few hosting and www.hozter.com like me, I have emailed the admin and it's all ok about the site. But at the moment and for one or two months I'll need a free one, thanks anyway for the help.

Other question, Multimania supports SSI?

Re: RE: Paid hosting

Originally posted by c00l
Yeah, I have that in mind, but in the moment is imposible to pay a host (I don't know if you know about whats happening in my country).

I has checked up a few hosting and www.hozter.com like me, I have emailed the admin and it's all ok about the site. But at the moment and for one or two months I'll need a free one, thanks anyway for the help.

Other question, Multimania supports SSI?

If you are paid in pesos, or are my age and your parents are paid in pesos... your income just plunged 30% because of devaluation. I know exactly what is happening. I been following this situation because I am Spanish, and we have over $30 billion invested in your country, and of all which is in trouble. Don´t worry we will be forced to bail you out along with the Americans.

There are low cost hosts that can help fit your needs.
http://www.valuablehost.com
http://www.dim8.net
http://www.tera-byte.com

Last edited:
SSI is not enabled on so many servers, yet it's the easiest to set up, any webhost that does not have SSI, eats shit, since it's only a couple of lines :rolleyes:

ummm

Originally posted by PyschoPath
SSI is not enabled on so many servers, yet it's the easiest to set up, any webhost that does not have SSI, eats shit, since it's only a couple of lines :rolleyes:
Maybe are security reasons to do that, but yeah, it's easy. I have my own server in my machine for test my pages (I code in PHP), and have enabled SSI just because it's easy, really easy, and if just some day I want to use it, it's enabled.

I don't think it's hard to find one, where I was going to put my site, they don't say that they offer SSI, but I ask and they do. Maybe things like this happens in a few free web hosting sites.

Back