• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for...

it's really quite easy.
Run TelNet and connect to:
sdf.lonestar.org
it's basically straigh forward from there as they tell you exactly what to do within telnet.

Took me a while to figure out why I can't open a new IE browser... :rolleyes: Pop-up Stopper considers that as a popup too?! *lol*

Anyways, thanks for the link...

Originally posted by LeX
Took me a while to figure out why I can't open a new IE browser... :rolleyes: Pop-up Stopper considers that as a popup too?! *lol*

Anyways, thanks for the link...

Maybe its a very simple tool that only allows one page at a time. That way anything else is gone and not shown. Thats probably why its free. ;)

Originally posted by sHaWn
it's really quite easy.
Run TelNet and connect to:
sdf.lonestar.org
it's basically straigh forward from there as they tell you exactly what to do within telnet.
I created a account with them but I don't know what to do after that?

Originally posted by Docevl
I created a account with them but I don't know what to do after that?
Since their FTP has been abused and they only allow "trusted" people to use it, you'll have to telnet all your files. They tell you how to do that in their FAQ.

Originally posted by LeX

Since their FTP has been abused and they only allow "trusted" people to use it, you'll have to telnet all your files. They tell you how to do that in their FAQ.
You have to pay $36 I think to get FTP!

The FTP isn't free, but the other services listed are -- including CGI and PHP support and the 20MB of space...

Originally posted by LeX
The FTP isn't free, but the other services listed are -- including CGI and PHP support and the 20MB of space...

Well, I don't know about others, but I like FTP and its really important to my site. And well, if you have to pay, whats the point? I mean, I wouldn't pay. I am gonna get a domain anyway, this free stuff is annoying me so much. I can't stand it. They always find a way to cheat you.

Back