• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for Win2k Host

stu

boogie with stu
NLC
Need your help guys. I'm looking for a Win2k host with the following features (minimum specs):

- Cost: $10 or less/month
- 30MB space
- 1GB transfer
- ASP .NET, Perl, PHP
- Coldfusion
- MS SQL
- MS Access
- Control Panel
- FTP

My needs are small since I'm going to be do a little bit of experimenting with ASP and databases on Windows platforms. If you guys know of a host with a good reputation, a good history, and good service, please let me know. It would be most helpful if you recommended a host that you have tried before.

Yes I am also looking for the same thing...those hosts are a little pricey though :( but I don't know if I could find better deals for Windows servers

Every actual programmer I know uses ASP. It is more powerful than any other web design scripting

well, I was never really interested in ASP until the .NET framework came out. I'm looking for a low cost win2k host so that I can learn and experiment with a few things..

I hope this isn't too off topic...

But i've been seeing lots of mentions of this ASP.net thing lately... and um... whats the big deal with it?

ASP.NET is the most flexible web language there is now. It is fast, you can do anything you can think of with it literally. You can use C++ in ASP.NET if you want there are really no restrictions with it. And it is far more simple to learn than PHP or PERL especially if you know just simple VB and stuff. Versus PHP and PERL where you have to learn an almost completely different language

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Versus PHP and PERL where you have to learn an almost completely different language
Actually, if you know C, then PHP and PERL aren't that new at all.

And I think that ASP.net is for jerkoffs.

Originally posted by bigperm
Actually, if you know C, then PHP and PERL aren't that new at all.

And I think that ASP.net is for jerkoffs.

I like ASP.net better I have not used it much yet and I don't even know much about it but so far it is better than anything else I have seen.

And yes C is similar but all programming languages are similar in a sense...some more than others.

Back