• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for very simple/easy PHP CMS

alley

Social Nutwork
NLC
Can you guys share any links to some nice & simple open source content management systems?
Doesn't have to be too fancy looking .. the less graphics, the better as far as I am concerned. Just want a simple CMS that actually works well and is easy to install since I will be manually installing them for my customers.

I have tried quite a few off of sourceforge and have found most of them to be too complicated, too buggy, impossible to install .. with no support, or just lacking in features. A few of them were very cool and easy, but didn't have the ability for users with no html experience to add images to pages and such. I basically want a very easy CMS script that I can offer my customers that have no knowledge of html so that they can easily create custom web pages with the ability of uploading images and inserting them into their pages.

The closest thing I found yet that was somewhat what I was looking for was a wiki script, but it fell short in the uploading images department as per usual.
The wiki script did not use a database, ...I think it was using text files and storing them in a directory wich you can hide for security reasons.

Prefered Features
Able to create custom/new web pages
Able to add custom links to site menu linking to newly created pages.
Able to easily upload images and insert them in to web pages
Able to except plain text, and html code to create new web pages.
Able to add custom links to site menu linking to remote/external locations

I would even concider paying a coder to create a simple CMS like this for me if there is none that already exist. Maybe I could show you the wiki scrript that I really like, and you could just customize the script for me a bit?

If you feel you have a script that can already do all of this, or you can create me a custom one for a good price ..please PM me with a price quote & a link to a working demo with login info.

Thank much

Last edited:
Thanks for this link, that's a cool website! ..I spent all day there yesterday trying out the demos. I was like a kid in a candy shop ..haha

I tried all of the ones you mentioned though and none of them are as simple/easy as I would like them to be for my users. They are fine for me to use, but I have been working with CMS's for over 5 years now and I am a web designer that installs php scripts & understands all of this stuff .

I am looking for something very basic, and easy for people to use that don't know anything about web design, html or CMS in general. I mean some of those CMSs had hundreds of admin options and that is far to confusing for entry level users. They would all be like "yea right"

Evil Whisper said:
check out the CMS's over at http://www.opensourcecms.com/
each one over there has a demo of both the page itself and the admin area.

I reccomend you try the following: Etomite, ModX, Joomla, Drupal, Lucid CMS, CMS Made Simple.

Please PM me a price quote for creating a script like this so that I can see if this will be out of my ball park completely, or a possibility.

Tree said:
If you can't find one, I may be able to write one for you.

hey this is a script i just finished now is not so good looking but well i don't care here is a live preview http://games-collied.com/news and here are some screen shots of the admin panel

main control panel:
admin.gif

To add an admin:
add_admin.gif

To delete news:
delete.gif

To add news:
add_news.gif

More stuff is being added i'm trying to make a user system to go with it now :D and registration ofcourse

download here : http://www.codedfx.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=50

Alley is really focused on image uploading and such. Seems really important, and that CMS seems lacking.

Yeah, image upload would be sweet!
His CMS looks pretty darn good though don't it?

keep us updated J-C :)

Alley, if you can wait 3 weeks or so, I can begin coding a custom CMS for you. I have PMed you another quote.

Thanks Tree, but I am so broke right now I can't even buy a carton of milk. I need a job. :cry2:

Tree said:
Alley, if you can wait 3 weeks or so, I can begin coding a custom CMS for you. I have PMed you another quote.

I know phpnuke is nice and easy to use for me and you, but not for people that have never used it before and that have never used a cms before in their life. It takes a while to learn how to use nuke properly.

I am not looking for a cms for me, I am looking for one for my customers so that they can create a website the easiest way possible. This is why I want something very simple. Like as simple as a blog, but with the option of uploading pictures from yoiur computer.

jstgermain said:
why not use mambo or phpnuke, they are both nice and easy. i especially like mambo.
ROTFLMAO

I am now accepting bids on this project if interested?
I have made a few changes in my request however. I want it to use a MYSQL database, and I would like to have all pages have an editable text area for the page title (Header) as well as the pages's content area. WYSIWYG would be sweet!!! ..biut the WYSIWYG editor must also have a source mode to use HTML mode.
I need to get this done.

i can make you one, but, it is not exactly the cheapest way to get a site made. CMS are costly because of the amount of work that is put in. i am more reasonable than most, but might find others here that are even less. contact me if you want to get my number and we can discuss a price and what you need done exactly.

i am on MSN if you want to message me there, or PM me

Thanks guys, but I recently found an open source cms script that does most of what I want it to and is very customizable.
I have found a new love ..lol

Back