• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for sponsored shoutcast/vps

totalanni

Hi,
Im a mod at a very popular forum, and im looking to start a user dj radio station.
Im looking for a company to sponsor a shoutcast/vps.
In return, i can provide either a txt or banner ad on the radio sub-domain, which will be required to be open to play the radio, as we are not integrating it into the forum software in any way.
Also, i can maybe work in an audio ad in some sort of station identification.

Here is a snapshot of our current members...

95,060 registered users with 8,994 logged in during the past month
787 users (197 members and 590 guests) and 20 web crawlers active in the last 10 minutes
Max users online was 1,669 at 10/16/11 10:33 PM

Honestly, this might take abit of bandwidth once it gets going and the user base jumps on...
So please only realistic offers...
If you would like to know more about the site im a part of or more details, please shoot me a private message!

Thanks for looking!
total

I'm not sure I understand this request at all. The royalties you are going to be paying for streaming the music will be far more expensive then a 10TB transfer/month server (you can get these servers for as little as $50-$80/month). I think what you're looking for is someone to give you a free server so they can get screwed instead of you for streaming copyrighted music with no royalties being paid.

Scary, Tyler. That's exactly the first thing I thought of when I saw this request.

The second was with almost 100,000 members, how they can't get donations to pay for a server.

I was under the impression that royalties didnt apply when you were shoutcasting your own collection...:facepalm:
Sorry for wasting your time...

Now, what you can do, if you have a lot of free time, is go around to different recording companies, and ask for permissions to stream music. I have seen this work for small groups and organizations. And after you get quite a few followers/listeners, you would start paying a monthly fee to the company in exchange for streaming the music.

I was under the impression that royalties didnt apply when you were shoutcasting your own collection...:facepalm:
Sorry for wasting your time...

By own collection, do you mean by song which you composed and sing by yourself and ur own band? Or just collection where you have purchased elsewhere?
If those songs are collection of MP3 you bought elsewhere, you will still need to pay royalties.

Back