• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for prices for dedicated server.

RivaCom

Im starting a community of sorts for counter-strike players and I was looking to soon hopefully throw up a few servers. Now I'm not 100% certain what it takes cpu wise to manage them so Im going to throw out a few details and ill see what you guys think.

Im looking to run 2-3 servers 24/7/365.
Servers would be about either 18 man and a 12 man or 20 man and a 12 man.
OR if i can hold 3 probably 18 man, 12 and a 14. I'm not sure what server loads can get up to though so im asking for your opinions.

I'm unsure of my price range, im just looking for honest answers from everyone.

Hey RivaCom,

I think your probably looking at a P4 2.8 with atleast 512 megs of ram. The hard drive should be 8 mb cache size, atleast 40 gb. The connection is what you shoud probably focus on. Many will try and put you on a pipe where there capacity is extremely low or of poor quality.

your price point should probably be around $120.00 - $140.00 for a quality host.

I know of many who can offer such services.

Troy

RivaCom said:
Anything lower by chance? I mean I know it's not cheap but 100 or lower would be great for me.

uhmm.. for $100 I can offer you this -

1.8 Ghz Celeron
1250 GB Bandwidth
80 GB Hdd
512 MB Ram
$100/month ($50 set-up)

For a low setup fee, we will handle the initial setup of almost any game server program for you and then continue to manage the OS of your server. All Linux-based servers come with CentOS and all Windows servers include Windows 2003 Web Edition.

Riva's gonna need a better processor than a celeron, they are just no good for game servers ;)

Regards,

Death Reaper said:
Riva's gonna need a better processor than a celeron, they are just no good for game servers ;)

Regards,

I don't know her budget so tried to post the lowest price server :)

*His*, Riva is a he :)

And, no problem I guess :)

But you should know that for gaming servers, that just isn't a good enough processor.

Regards,

Death Reaper said:
*His*, Riva is a he :)

And, no problem I guess :)

But you should know that for gaming servers, that just isn't a good enough processor.

Regards,

RivaCom said:
Anything lower by chance? I mean I know it's not cheap but 100 or lower would be great for me.

He said he wanted something near 100 thats y i gave this server spec. :)

Last edited:
The server does not have to be managed, I just need a fast dedicated server, between 1000-2000 gigs of bandwidth, 2.5 ghz or faster and about a gig of ram and 10+ gigs of space. I've seen many under 80 dollars so thats why I was seeing if anyone had anything to offer here before I went and ordered off somewhere else.

Gaming Server / Rivacom

Well I Tell You This
i can offer you a:
3.0E GHz 800MHz FSB Intel Pentium 4 Hyper Threading Processor
1gig DDR 400 RAM
t-3 Connection 0% Downtime (Except On Upgrade Cycle)
80 gig HDD
128 Meg. DDR ATI RADEON 9600XT Graphic Card
Any Mods Of Your Choice
$30.00 Setup Fee

All for $180.00 A Month Contact me for more spec at Bigred42096@yahoo.com
Will Work out deal!
Looking for something good but cheaper? Contact me!

Last edited:
Rivacom

Or i can offer A:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor/ 2.66 GHz 533MHz FSB 512K Cache Hyper Threading
80 gig HDD
512mb 400 DDR Ram
ATI RADEON 9200 128MB DDR, 128-Bit 8x's AGP Video Card
T-3 3.0 MBps = 3000 Bandwidth 0% Downtime (Except On Upgrade Cycle)
Any Mods Of Your Choice
$30.00 Setup Fee

All For $140.00 A Month Contact Me for more spec
Looking For Something Cheaper? Contact Me!

Other Servers And Pricing Available
Currently Running 13 Dedicated Servers Available

Last edited:
I can offer you the following servers, they will host those games with no problem..

Our Servers are housed at The Planet and Savvis IDC in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. And only used quality bandwidth to ensure low ping times and high speeds

Test IP you can ping : 216.32.66.214

Our Intel Pentium IV 2.8 Server Features:
1GB RAM
1x120GB Hard Drive or 2x 80Gb Hard Drives
5 Useable IP Addresses
1000GB Transfer
10MBP/S Port
$109.95 Monthly / $49 Setup

Our Intel Pentium IV 3.06Ghz Server with HyperThreading Features:
1GB RAM
1 x 120GB Hard Drive or 2x 80Gb Hard Drives
5 Useable IP Addresses
1000GB Transfer
10MBP/S Port
$139 Monthly / $49 Setup

Operating Systems Available:
FreeBSD 4.x - Free
FreeBSD 5.x - Free
Fedora Core 1 - Free
Red Hat 9 - Free
Cent OS 3 - Free
Debian Stable - Free
Windows 2003 Standard - $30
Windows 2003 Web Edition - $20

Hardware Options Available:
40 GB HD - $15 Per Month
80 GB HD - $25 Per Month
120 GB HD - $40 Per Month
Add 512MB Ram - $20 Per Month
Add 1GB Ram - $40 Per Month

Please email sales@floridacolo.net if you have any other questions or would like to purchase one of the servers listed above.

You have your choice of either one 120Gb hard drive or two 80Gb hard drives - Same Price for each.

No they are not on Cable Connection , they are on Multiple GIG-E connections and are located in top notch datacenters with fully redundant systems.

Like I said above the two datacenters are The Planet and Savvis both very highend datacenters located in Texas and are centrally located , this is good for game servers because you get good ping times on both the east and west coast.

We can also give assistance in setting up and configuring the game servers if required.

Back