• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for partners/co-owners

Hey, I don't have any cash right now, but I would love to help you guys out. I am currently running a successful free webhost, http://bizari.com/, and have experience in server administration/setup/daily maintance in both windows and linux.

I'd say steer clear of valueserver.de.

One, they state VAT (a UK only tax) applicable, if based in Germay as they state they have no right to charge nor will they have to pay it, and at the wrong rate 16% - the VAT rate in the UK is 15%.

All seems a bit dodgy.

PS - which is more important for you jonesy2crazy, cost or kit?

We can always help out in either case, and since your starting out on it we can help with a bit of exposure and just about anything really :) sort of a helping hand at the start.

Bare server is not a prob, good on you actually. And we'll be in the background if you need a bit of a hand :)

If your still looking for the third partner or whatever, I might be interested. I know a good majority about administration of a company as well as other things. PM me if you would like to talk about it. Take care.

Decker said:
I'd say steer clear of valueserver.de.

One, they state VAT (a UK only tax) applicable, if based in Germay as they state they have no right to charge nor will they have to pay it, and at the wrong rate 16% - the VAT rate in the UK is 15%.

All seems a bit dodgy.

Dodgy like your tax advise :)

VAT is Europe wide and charged at different rates in each country. UK is 17.5%, not 15%. If you buy from anywhere in Europe (there's one or two exceptions, but not many) then you are liable for VAT. If the company exceeds the local turnover threshold, then they have to charge VAT on any sales to other European residents.

As your address is shown as Scotland, you might want to have a session with your accountant to ensure your books are in order if you've been using the wrong VAT rate :)

Yep - I skipped the 7. on the post - damn these fingers.

You should realise that trading internationally certain taxes are relevant and certain are not meaniing you may be taxing an exempt individual.

Unless you do all sorts of checks on origin of sale and business background, registered office, banking details for payment dispersal.

More to it than just that, it's not the norm to refer to it as VAT (Value Added Tax - a contradiction in it's own right) outside the UK, I'll admit I'd have to look in to that one in specific but it's the accepted methodoligy to refer to it as sales tax.

As the service is an invisible export, different taxation situations will occur if you fall under this including export taxes and license fees. For those that buy that may need an export license number for reclaiming tax elements - well it all gets really complex and not usually involked at these levels. As it's really not worth the admin and paperwork time.

Think my advice is okay actually :)

Back