• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for partners/co-owners

jonesy2crazy

Hello all.

I'm looking for partners (web administration experience preferred but not necessarily needed) in renting a dedicated server. I already have one prospective partner but am looking for more.

The servers are located in Copenhagen, Denmark and are connected at 100mbps (4 1Gbps burstable network connections).

If I can get 1 or 2 partners, i will be pursuing this server:

Fedora Core 2 Intel Celeron 2.2Ghz server with 512MB DDR RAM, 40 disk space, 10000 GB bandwidth/month and 1 IP addresses.

Price is 60 GBP or about 113$/month. Split 3 ways about 38$/month.

The only thing you cannot use it for is IRC.

If i get three or more partners, I will be pursing this:

Fedora Core 2 Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz server with 512 DDR RAM RAM, 80 disk space, 10000 GB bandwidth/month and 5 IP addresses. Daily automated backups no matter how large your data is. This can then be restored at any time via your ssh console or by a technician.

The cost would be 80 GBP/month or about 151$/month. Split 3 ways would be about 50$/month, split 4 ways would be 38$/month, split 5 ways would be 30$/month.

let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
i was recently looking for a partner to run a hosting company, i rcently shutdown a hostin g company i owned which was very successful and had over 200visitors a day. i can easily redirect that domain to our new hosting company so we dont have to worry about visitors. and i can get much better specs for a server for alot cheaper than your getting. i think this could work out. PM me if your intrested.

I can help with the hosting company but as I do not live in Europe or have no money I don't think I will be of much use but if you need me tell me.

still looking

still looking for a co-owner.

A new server has been found with more reasonable specs.

Intel Celeron 2400 MHz
- 512 MB DDR-RAM
- 120 GB HDD
- 1000 GB data transfer
- 100mbps burstable port

price is 53.16$/month, split 3 ways and that's a little over 17$/month. (USD)
Edit/Delete Message

I am one of my friends too intend to start a webhosting biz. but, we don't have this big budget! We have whm/cpanel experience. My friends has better server admin experience!

I have a lightly loaded server in The Planet DC which we could probably work out a deal on.

It's running cPanel with CpanelXP theme & Fantastico.

Im throwing my recommendation out for Dragonlordgod, he's a great host with a big client base. He takes good care of his customers, so I suggest you take him up on it. :)

TDLInternet said:
Where did you find this? A server at that price is a big scam.

http://www.valueserver.de/en/

I emailed them and they said they are all out of servers until they get more in 2 weeks. That was last week...i know not to trust a company just based on them being 'out' of servers perhaps because of customer demand.

I checked out dragonlord's servers, they look really good but too much for my budget right now. Perhaps if conditions were otherwise, i'd go for a very high-quality server/hosting service such as dragonlord's, however for now i just need an unmanaged server. I also have a friend who has knowledge with server administration so even if I am not knowledgeable with it, I have an adminstrator.

Last edited:
can you refer me to any unmanged dedicated servers?

40GB HD or more, 500-1000GB transfer, fedora 2, no CP needed (unless webmin is installed free otherwise my friend will install it) and 100mbps connection.

Price range, i'm looking for under 100$/month.

Just need a bare server, no outstanding tech support or service, just me and my server. :)

Last edited:
We can provide an unmanaged Celeron 2.4 521Mb memory 80Gb HD 1000Gb transfer on a 100Mbs port.

$95/month with $25 one-time setup

or

AMD Sempron 2600/512/80/1000

$85/month with $25 one-time setup

FC2 may be able to be provided, but as it's legacy, I'd suggest FC3 or CentOS.

These are not on the web site, but pleae feel free to contact me directly.

jonesy2crazy said:
can you refer me to any unmanged dedicated servers?

40GB HD or more, 500-1000GB transfer, fedora 2, no CP needed (unless webmin is installed free otherwise my friend will install it) and 100mbps connection.

Price range, i'm looking for under 100$/month.

Just need a bare server, no outstanding tech support or service, just me and my server. :)

http://www.layeredtech.com

Hello Sir,

I would be very intrested in forming a partnership, I already have an existing server(s) that we could use as well as use the ones that you have and make a more combined effort to find some clients. I would be glad to work with you in more detail on a partnership basis. If you are intrested please let me know my email is dmotova@gmail.com

Best Regards,
Denis

hello there,

i am so interested in this. luckly i bump thru here. i do have lil bit experience and tell u the thruth, it aint that bad... if ure still looking for a partner, do email me at ikky9mili@ 'google'mail.com, and if ure still looking for a server, maybe i got some urls for u to check out. ill PM u after i gothru my bookmarks. aigghtt...

ikky wid some kiki....

Duport said:

layeredtech has great deals, except for those set up fees.

i'm currently looking at vrtservers, which offer a promo with free setup. if i could get that with layeredtech, i might go with them instead. I will be getting a server in the next week or so...with or without the third partner.

Last edited:
jonesy2crazy said:
layeredtech has great deals, except for those set up fees.

i'm currently looking at vrtservers, which offer a promo with free setup. if i could get that with layeredtech, i might go with them instead. I will be getting a server in the next week or so...with or without the third partner.
I tell you what, if you can get a server with a good reputation and free setup, then youve done better than 3/4 of the people here :wink2:

Back