• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for paid host

nemain

I am currenlty looking at changing over to paid hosting - particularly for my BB (phpBB). (Within the 1st week I had 30+ signups and 100+ posts as well as 93 visitors to my site in the same period)

While I'm not sure how much bandwidth I'll need once the everybody from the previous incantaton of the bb find their way to the new version there will be a lot more traffic.

So what am I looking for?

1 - reasonably priced (I live in Australia so the exchange rates can be terrible... Au$ to US$ is at least double, Au$ to UK is about triple)

2 - reliability - this site will most likely be linked up to an Aussie fan club (for a tv show - fan club started mid-2002, at last update had 150+ Au members as well as international members)

3 - Able to host phpBB (currently remotly hosted, but want to have it on my site if I'm paying)

4 - Payment I would prefer to pay either every 3 months, 6 months or 12 months (gives me time to save my money)

5 - probally one of the biggest for me - user friendly, I don't want to signup and then find out that I have no idea how to get everything up and running or can't find out how to upload files etc

Any suggestion and recommendations are appreciated. I may also be considering using a domain (currently using free .tk domain, but that may change)

thanks in advance

Originally posted by Jan
I would recommend www.worldzonepro.com which comes with phpBB and you can pay three monthly or six monthly. :)

It's a walk-thru that does the phpBB install for you.
You can pay 1,3,6,9, or 12 months in advance by either CC or PayPal.

Also, if you can wait a day or so, we have a special that might be coming up (hopefully) that will last until Christmas.

Originally posted by addvalue
Well, what is the price range you are looking into?

Until I have a better idea about paid hosts I have left off making a set budget - especially as I am almost guaranteed to have to take into account the exchange rates etc. Although I want to keep the price as low as possible, while still getting good service.

very reliable -> e-starr.net, as well as hostradius.com. their prices aren't bad, either. i had a site hosted with them, and in this past year, they've only been down for one day.

I recently upgraded from MySiteSpace free hosting to the pro plan which costs me $3.95. I pay that quarterly, and they have a yearly option too which I think gives more discount.

The main reason I upgraded was so I could run a forum board that uses php and mysql. So far so good. You may want to check them out at www.mysitespace.com.

Back