• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for Hosting

Originally posted by Robert
Is the Vbulletin License you have legal and registered at Vbulletin.com?

Hosts are as much responsible for their clients website as the client.. and Vbulletin don't play.

Personally i think vBulletin need to get their head out of their ---, and look at the fact that their software is so popular, that if the price was taken down just a bit, they would get a lot more people buying it.

Originally posted by X-Istence
Personally i think vBulletin need to get their head out of their ---, and look at the fact that their software is so popular, that if the price was taken down just a bit, they would get a lot more people buying it.

So because they charge alot (which isn't that much for what Vbulletin provides), it's ok to steal the software and use it w/o permission? Is that what you are saying?

Is the Vbulletin License you have legal and registered at Vbulletin.com?

Hosts are as much responsible for their clients website as the client.. and Vbulletin don't play.

as I have said, serverlabs does NOT provide vBulletin. We provide Invisionboard for free. There is no need to chase things over a typo

VBulletin is a lot like Network Solutions. NS used to be the only ones, then a few others came along. Still not enough to get NS to re-price. Then now there's a LOT more registrars, and those registrars have tons of resellers. Now NS is hurting, and adjusting prices. Same with VB, they wont change pricing until they feel it in their pockets.

In their defense, I wouldnt change pricing either if people are still paying. They make their living doing this software, it's not a side hobby like the other forum developers. When you "give" it away, dont expect your landlord/utilities to sympathise with you when you dont have their money. What is it they charge? $80 per year? Not even $7 per month? So for one person to make even a measly $500 per week, you have to sell 300 licenses per month.

On the other hand, I dont like some of their tactics. When you go past due on your license, they immediately sic their (powerless) wannabe attorney whatevers on you. Just because of that, I always wait a while before giving them my new license number or re-ordering the same. Of course, I can do that because I dont have to worry about any of my upline kicking me because of any complaints from VB.....or anyone else for that fact :D

The reason I made that comment was because it seems like alot of web hosts on this board jump into providing "special deals", "the lowest possible", "must sign up with us" deals without looking into the bigger picture, is $2.50 a month worth the trouble that Vbulletin will give you and their lawyers when they see you are hosting an illegal copy of VBulletin?

So because they charge alot (which isn't that much for what Vbulletin provides), it's ok to steal the software and use it w/o permission? Is that what you are saying?

No, that is not what i am saying. What i am saying is that people pirate it since they want to use the product, but not pay for it, so they would get more cash if they lowered prices since then the people that pirate might buy it instead since now they can.

Originally posted by X-Istence
No, that is not what i am saying. What i am saying is that people pirate it since they want to use the product, but not pay for it, so they would get more cash if they lowered prices since then the people that pirate might buy it instead since now they can.
People pirate because they can and don't care about supporting, not because of the price tag attached to it.

Originally posted by CareBear
People pirate because they can and don't care about supporting, not because of the price tag attached to it.

i personally know a lot of people that would use vB if only their prices would go down, however they dont pirate it unless its just to test out skins they are creating for it.

Thank everyone for the offers and statements with their respective companies/host. I have made a decision and currently in the trial/test period, will post review and statement afterwards.

Thx everyone again.

Back