• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for hosting

SantiJovi

Hello everybody

I'm looking for a reliable webhosting with these features:

Disk space: between 1GB and 2GB
Bandwidth: I'm not sure, but nothing so high.
Cpanel
FTP access for uploads
Registered DNS servers on Nic Argentina, because if you don't have them I can't use my "dot ar" domain.

Thanks in advance.

Registered DNS servers on Nic Argentina, because if you don't have them I can't use my "dot ar" domain.

Not sure what you mean by registered DNS servers with Nic Argentina. I believe with that registry it is just required that your domain is setup on the host DNS servers, before you can update the domain to use them. So you need to add the domain to a hosting account first, and give the DNS servers a bit to make sure they are "propagating" the domain. Then you should be able to switch your domain with nic.ar to use them.

I'm confused by this as well. Not only have I so far been unable to find a method of registering a nameserver with them, but I also have been unable to resolve DNS information for any of the registered domain names they listed.

Usually a host provides ns1.examplehost.com and ns2.examplehost.com as their nameserver addresses, you set these as the nameservers for your domain in it's registration information. From there the top level domain, in this case .ar, forwards all requests for your registered domain to those nameservers, who in turn answer with the necessary information.

What will you be hosting? I'd offer to try this and see if there really is a need to register a nameserver with .ar before it will let you use it, but you haven't revealed what is to be hosted yet.

Last edited:
You need talk exactly what do you want to use with hosting? Maybe we can know how much bandwidth, space or mysql database need for that ?

I'd offer to try this and see if there really is a need to register a nameserver with .ar before it will let you use it, but you haven't revealed what is to be hosted yet.

You don't need to register DNS servers there, they just require the domain's DNS zone is on the hosts DNS servers before they will let you switch the nameservers for the domain.

I think that is all domain names and domain name extensions will be supported on any web hosting service. That will not be a problem at all.

jphilipson, do you still have anything to do with Hosthelpers? gamma.freecp.net has been down for most of this month.

Back