• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for Free FTP

They do, but if you re-upload a page, they appear on your server. And there is no way of turning them off.

Originally posted by gyrbo
They do, but if you re-upload a page, they appear on your server. And there is no way of turning them off.

That's a shame. Why did they put them there in the first place anyway?

DOS Prompt FTP

Originally posted by andyLee
How about the command line ftp shipped with windows?

I wouldn't recommend the command line ftp in winblows.
Mainly because you can never upload a large file completely.
It's only good when you're using a computer at school or at the library when you want to d/l warez or any other restricted files.

BTW: I use WS_FTP LE. :)

Originally posted by gyrbo

It's right on the general tab in "Options". Uncheck "Enable log".

And if you use them, why upload them?

*hint*
Start button | Find "WS_ftp.log" - highlight all - delete.

I used to use LeechFTP, and that was good enough for me. Now I stick to command line FTP [Windows (C:\WINDOWS\FTP.EXE;C:\WINNT\FTP.EXE), *NIX (/usr/local/bin/ftp; /usr/bin/ftp)] :D

I used Leechftp b4. However, it has a big bug. It don't release the connection at server. (Sorry, I don't know how to say it)

For example, a ftp server has limited to 40 people and you are the number 40. If you use Leechftp to download something and logout, the server should be 39 and you can login again, right?

However, you cannot since Leechftp have not released the connection even you close the application. You have to wait the server time-out!!!!

Originally posted by meow

It's right on the general tab in "Options". Uncheck "Enable log".

And if you use them, why upload them?

*hint*
Start button | Find "WS_ftp.log" - highlight all - delete.

ahh, make us look like fools aye?

Go with this...

I use AceFTP, I find it VERY reliable, easy to understand, and it's free. And a free HTML editor also comes with it... which I also use, it's free and it has EVERYTHING you need.

Sorry.. I guess I need to brag about my pretty equipment :eek:

cw

ace is good or smart ftp i like. wsftp is the oldest and best known i think.

Back