• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for an old, reliable host that's here for a while

justincase

So, I tried alot of free hosts, but they all had problems. 000webhost kicked me out in a couple of months for no reason, izfree had their servers crash and lost all my data, heliohost was down alot, and I'm currently using x10hosting which was great for a while, but now, it's getting slower and slower, and as of right now, their mysql databases are down.

Basically what I'm looking for is a reliable host that isn't just established half a year ago (I don't know how long you will be up), if you've been up for 10 years now, then there's a good chance you won't lose all your data and shut down in a month.

I don't care about space or bandwith, just a reliable host with PHP, MySQL, and FTP (the basics). I don't mind ADs, as long as they aren't popups, and if I can exchange an adspace for a good reliable host that's up for years, then so be it.

Hi yifanlu.

I started a project specifically to begin vetting hosts by durability. Take a look at my official Round 2 listing, which dropped the usual brittle newcomers by the end of round 1.

http://taophoenix.paradoxservers.net/Tauceti.html

On the right CWahi has the longevity trophy at some 9ish years. (10 by now?). I think IsMyWebsite is coming up on three. These are both ad-based plans.

On the left are newer hosts with no ads in approximate order of strength. Darksoul of Paradox is the fastest at turbo-replies if you're doing something really volatile that needs some help. Turesweb is quiet and steady. Aloy Casmir of Numbhost is ... well... just a nice guy so I added him, though his plans aren't clear yet!

You're right about my plans tao :)
I let my user decide what he/she wants .

@Yifanlu , i could do your hosting for you .
I would first like to know what are you hosting .
Because all those hosts you mentioned are biggies in hosting world and generally don't ban you unless you violate their terms(though some are famous for doing what you mention)

Anyways , if your content is legal and non-adult(of course if it is adult content i can do it too , but it is a separate server altogether running direct admin) , i might be able to host you on my cpanel based servers .
I would need to know what you need .

If you can do ads , well and good , if not , upto you...
Though you do support us if you do...

Anyways , if you might be interested you can send in a visitor message in my profile or can make a request in my forum(link in sig)

Best Regards...

Thanks for the replies everyone.

@TaoPhoenix: I'll take a look at CWahi. I already signed up for IsMyWebsite, but am waiting to be verified or something. I've heard alot of good things about Paradox, but from the whois data, it's only a few months old, so I don't know how long they'll last.

@aloycasmir: No offense, but from your whois data, your host is also a few months old. It's probity a great host, but again, three times, I signed up for "newer" hosts whose servers either 1) get suspended from their datacenter, 2) close for no reason, or 3) become slower and slower as more people join. Also, I was only kicked out from 000webhost, and like I said, I have no idea why. I wan't hosting anything illegal nor was I doing anything wrong. My site is just my blog & open source projects I'm working on. I suspect it was because my site got popular and they booted me because I was using too much bandwith or something.

@Schmarvin: I'll take a look.

Again, thanks for the replies.

EDIT: Does CWahi allow my own domain?
EDIT 2: I'm currently trying namepad.net (it's the only one that's not pending right now), any experiences with them?
EDIT 3: Also, does IsMyWebsite allow my ads in addition to their's?

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you hosting that 000host booted you? I dont see any reason a host would kick someone for absolutely no reason.

For your Q on Namepad, I host my major sites there since they are the most reliable host I have had, and my site has been there for at least a couple years (give or take a few months)

What are you hosting that 000host booted you? I dont see any reason a host would kick someone for absolutely no reason.

For your Q on Namepad, I host my major sites there since they are the most reliable host I have had, and my site has been there for at least a couple years (give or take a few months)

Exactly! One day my web site is up and running (as it had been for a few months), the next day it redirected to the 000webhost homepage, I tried emailing them multiple times and using their support system, but I never got a reply. It's weird.

Thanks Tao for the recommendation and Yifan for your signup,

For anyone interested,

We're coming up on our fourth year in February, but I did spend a year in development/planning/consideration before I launched anything, so really going on 5 years if you count that.

What we've developed is a completely different setup from how others are doing things. We have 7 providers at present, all different companies, with different management, even different locations. And every so often, we replace the one with the worst performance with a better company, researched for a full month. So, having used this system since November 2008, I can say with complete confidence we have 7 of the most reliable, fast, stable, and feature intensive providers available. (Though interestingly, no provider as of yet seems to be the best in absolutely all areas.)

We also do things a bit differently, and as of now I did find one other hosting provider who also does this, but only one, and that was HostGator. We have a client feedback page, public, linked from the main page, where absolutely anyone who uses our service can post a review. It's located right here:
http://www.ismywebsite.com/testify

Read through it a bit. These are unedited client reviews, and there is no advantage to rating the site higher sustained to any contributor. (Though we do pay 3 credits per review, it's the same payout regardless of the rating.) You should probably find that the biggest problem by far currently is merely how long it takes to get set up and going, and that's because we do a lot of checks and manually review each client before providing our services.

Another thing to note is our system is completely scalable since it's advertising supported. Assuming effective placement, you can essentially get unlimited resources since we can keep upgrading you as you need - even onto VPSes if your site gets that big. We can also put it towards domains for your site through the credit system. As I see you've discovered already, our ads are fully customizable so you have the same control as if you dealt directly with the advertiser.

As for 000WebHost, I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard all kinds of stories with them. It would seem their main objective is to get a signup on Hosting24.com - their paid hosting site. (Very well set up I must admit.) The hope is you'll get frustrated and go to their website reviews section to sign up with the competition, where they either get your business or an affiliate commission.

For people who complain about the industry, but don't try our service, I have no sympathy.

Read your blog, and I hope you'll consider us for the hosting of your Facebook application as well. Just create a second website. You can have as many as you need. :)

If it's juts your blog and some OSS projects I suggest visiting sourceforge. Although you are limited to subdomain, reliably unlimited space, unlimited bandwidth, and a fat 1gbps pipe are always good.

Schmarvin: Sourceforge has ten times the resources you do.

Our project web servers frequently handle more than 50M hits per day; we handle server scaling, load balancing, and performance tuning.

Service Capacity limit
CVS No fixed limit
Developer web No fixed limit
File Releases (FRS) No fixed limit
Hosted Apps No fixed limit
Mailing lists No fixed limit
Project database No fixed limit
Project group directory No fixed limit
Project web No fixed limit
SVN No fixed limit

If it makes you happy, it's as close as unlimited as you will need.

You Can Try this one shopaserver.com

well i m using a website from here ,www.shopaserver.com Very cheap webhosting services..starting at 2.5 $ a month.....and their sevice is very good..i m very much happy with them....i dont no it would work for you are not...but i suggest you should check it also...

I was so tired of trying to get a hold of my old web hosting company. Since I found 4goodhosting.com there response time is super fast. The last time I needed support they responded in less then 30mins.

Last edited:
Back