• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a paid web host

AcidJazz

Hello everybody,
I'm a web hosting newbie and I can't find a host that fits me well...Please, share some ideas.
I'm looking for:

Stealth Website Redirection
ASP
MS Access
3-5 GB bandwith(Unlimited preferred)
200+ MB of space
FTP Access(with several accounts if possible)

The more the better of course, but the ones listed above are mandatory. :)

Willing to pay 50-60 USD per year.
Is something like this possible..?
Thank you.

its the hidden redirection ....

say you have blahblah.com

and you have that steath redirected to muhahaha.com

blahblah.com/forum/

will go to

muhahaha.com/forum/

but not change to it.

Originally posted by MN-Carl
its the hidden redirection ....

say you have blahblah.com

and you have that steath redirected to muhahaha.com

blahblah.com/forum/

will go to

muhahaha.com/forum/

but not change to it.

I was pretty sure that the three are as follows:

Normal Redirection: domain1.com when typed will change to domain2.com.

Stealth Redirection: domain1.com will remain in the address bar constantly, while domain2.com is loaded (such as dot.tk offer for free).

Alias: domain1.com and domain2.com are basically the same, and work the same (domain1.com/stuff/ and domain2.com/stuff/ both work and are the same folder).

The reason it is "stealth" is, say, if you've got a Geocities page, you can buy the domain, and people will be unable to see that it is a www.geocities.com/user/ site, because it is hidden (assuming that the popups have gone on holidays).

Re: Re: Looking for a paid web host

Originally posted by internations

Just a word of caution.. No host can provide unlimited bandwidth.. and any company that does offer this is not being 100% truthful.

Thank you, I'll keep this in mind... :)

Originally posted by richo

I was pretty sure that the three are as follows:

Normal Redirection: domain1.com when typed will change to domain2.com.

Stealth Redirection: domain1.com will remain in the address bar constantly, while domain2.com is loaded (such as dot.tk offer for free).

Alias: domain1.com and domain2.com are basically the same, and work the same (domain1.com/stuff/ and domain2.com/stuff/ both work and are the same folder).

The reason it is "stealth" is, say, if you've got a Geocities page, you can buy the domain, and people will be unable to see that it is a www.geocities.com/user/ site, because it is hidden (assuming that the popups have gone on holidays).

That is absolutely correct...
Any ideas where I could find something like this..?
Thanks.

Back