• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for a host

firefly200

Needs:

Space: 150+ MB
Bandwith: 3GB or more
CGI and Perl 5.x or above
Supports UBB
Domain Registration
Lifetime Host

Wants:
Unlimited (or at least a lot) of email accounts/aliases (for mods/admins of board)

I'm willing to spend $300 tops... recommendations?

<<The request was for recommendations not offers from hosts>>

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you mean by lifetime host? is that $300 one time fee to host your site forever/lifetime? Or is it $300/mo :D

Most hosts have banned UBB now because the load it places on a server is quite outrageous. We had a client slip one of these boards on a server and I watched it as any command issued through it used 100% cpu. Nasty.

Yeah, I tried telling the board co-owner we'd be better off with vB but he insisted on UBB b/c he is very fast with CGI scripting. Maybe he'll change his mind now.

There is one I happened to find but they don't look overly professional, not like it's a scam or anything but not too good either. Any thoughts? Site Link

Checked, definitely a great offer...

Yeah, I tried telling the board co-owner we'd be better off with vB but he insisted on UBB b/c he is very fast hacking CGI. Maybe he'll change his mind now.

There is one I happened to find but they don't look overly professional, not like it's a scam or anything but not too good either. Any thoughts? Site Link

And Jan, there really ARE quite a few who offer lifetime hosting, and they thrive off their stupid $80 "domain maintenance" fees, somehow I doubt those are really necessary and certainly not at $80. I'd rather go for a yearly host than for that crap. Plus then they do offer monthly- that is, the ones who stay around and are any good.

You ARE MUCH MUCH BETTER OFF PAYING YEARLY. I know for sure no host will be around your entire lifetime. I think the lifetime hosting is only offered by hosts who will go out of Buisness and they are trying to get your money. It is too much of a risk. The biggest risk anyone should take is paying for a couple years from a good host. Try Myacen.com they will probably let you pay for a few years at once.

(mods I think this post is ok cause I am just talking some sense to the guy)

You do have a point there, and I'm beginning to think the ones that will last rip you off by making you pay a ridiculous fee each year which is more than some hosts that would give me equivalent hosting for less money.

Before I forget (again) I looked at host4life's plans, but I'm betting once his site's up those deals will be gone and 50MB won't support much of a board, certainly not the size of membership I'm hoping for (2,000+ members is my goal).

It's irrelevant now, since the co-owner signed up at a host already and said he's paying for it all. Well at least the board will finally be up.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sean123
hey,

does myacen support vBulletin script and etc . .??
vBulletin script is not an actual script. It is the way vBulletin (a php script) recognized certain input and outputs it as a gif image or certain text modifications

That is funny

Back