• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for a host that's got 99.9999% Uptime! =)

Rork73

Anyone know a good host that is very reliable ? I'm hosted with hosturbo.com right now, which I got off this board, but 5-10 days a month their mailserver and/or webserver is down....
As a result of that I lost a lot of emails in the last 6 months...they weren't stored anywhere, so I'm sure it's not difficult to understand that this time I want reliable uptime FIRST and price in a far away 2nd place.

So, does anyone know a good host that you know by personal experience, who hardly has any downtime ? Please, I'm not interested in people plugging their own services, cause that doesn't mean anything anymore to me when it comes to reliability :p

Well, thanks a lot! =)

I can guarantee www.addr.com - I was with them for 12 months and in that time I knew of only 20 minutes downtime.

I have switched hosts now for financial reasons but had my advertising revenue been as good as the previous year I would still be with them.

A good paid host can guanratee about 99% uptime. 90-97% uptime is not very impressive.

Originally posted by Seldimis
All gurantee that but I don't thing anybody would be 99,99999% . 90% - 97% maybe.

Still 90% on a 24/7 basis is still not much downtime.....I think my current host is down on like 25% of the time I'm able to check it. So who know, maybe they're on more than 30% downtime. Weird stuff.....especially cause all email gets lost and my & their own site is down all on the same time. (well, not weird in a techincal way, but I wonder why that happens).

Anyway, thanks for the info! =)

MyAcen is really quite expensive (cheapest plan is more than $80 a year I think), and it does a little bit of downtime (uptime is probably something around 97-98%).

Originally posted by Rork73

Still 90% on a 24/7 basis is still not much downtime.....I think my current host is down on like 25% of the time I'm able to check it. So who know, maybe they're on more than 30% downtime. Weird stuff.....especially cause all email gets lost and my & their own site is down all on the same time. (well, not weird in a techincal way, but I wonder why that happens).

Anyway, thanks for the info! =)

25% of downtime mean 6 hours per day.:mad: That's a lot.
If I were you, I will leave the host immediately.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
MyAcen is really quite expensive (cheapest plan is more than $80 a year I think), and it does a little bit of downtime (uptime is probably something around 97-98%).

Myacen is NOT expensive. $80 bucks a year isn't nothing. I pay $29.95 monthy (well my dad does) for my current host.

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Myacen is NOT expensive. $80 bucks a year isn't nothing. I pay $29.95 monthy (well my dad does) for my current host.

well ... lucky you ... :biggrin2:

cheap could be £20 a month .. or £10 a year :)

Why does myacen offer 99.8% up time guarantee? Also their cheapest plan is $49.95 per year.

That is all wrong, myacen has been up since I have had them. Not a problem, and there cheapest plan is $49.95 a year or $5.95 a month, they aren't the cheapest but they are one of the best hosts in there price range

Myacen probably hits pretty close to 99.3% uptime and their plans are not that cheap but also unexpensive, they are in the middle.

Back